Page 170 of 212 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2119

Thread: HK new striker fired pistol VP9! Pics inside!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Agree which is why I own both.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Next week I head off to vacation. I will be taking the G19 gen4 and the VP9 to the range for two days, plan on putting 500 rounds threw each. Owned a S&W P99 years ago so the paddle magazine release does not bother me. Because the VP9 is ambidextrous its gaining favor with my south paw friends and growing on me too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by viper3colt View Post
    Next week I head off to vacation. I will be taking the G19 gen4 and the VP9 to the range for two days, plan on putting 500 rounds threw each. Owned a S&W P99 years ago so the paddle magazine release does not bother me. Because the VP9 is ambidextrous its gaining favor with my south paw friends and growing on me too.
    Walther P99?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Walther P99?
    S&W SW99 - Walther made frame with S&W made slide and barrel. Basically P99 with different shape of triggerguard, S&W logo on grip and different slide contour.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've finally put some rounds through the VP9 I picked up from Grant a few weeks ago. Overall, an excellent pistol. First gun to really pull me away from Glock. I recently started a gun review site, and the VP9 is the first gun I've reviewed (well, part 1 is up. Part 2 and 3 will be up soon). Check it out if you like...

http://www.blackfinmp.com/blog/2014/9/15/hk-vp9-review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just got in from a quick range session with the VP9. Had 7 other people shoot it (3 females and 4 males) including a Law Enforcement Instructor, a Police Officer/his wife, a grandma/her granddaughter and 2 friends. No one had any problems, commented on how well it fit there hands. All liked the trigger and stock sights. So for a "peoples pistol" looks like its meeting its target demographic right out of the box.
    200 rounds Federal/AE 115 grain and 50 rounds 147 grain Gold Dot without issue, recoil controllable and I like the trigger very much. Was thinking I had bought into hype before the range session after reading some negative comments on other sites/forum, no regret here. Results so far are impressive and if they (HK) come out with a compact version it would sell very well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Double Post
    Last edited by viper3colt; 09-18-14 at 00:14. Reason: Double post

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score

Well I haven't visited this forum in a while, but as a long time Walther P99 and PPQ owner, the past few pages on this thread are, interesting, to say the least.

Apparently people are focused on one single thread on the Walther forum, and from judging the responses on that one thread on one internet forum, are now saying that the PPQ, and Walther, are doomed now that the VP9 is out on the market, and the people who don't see enough benefits that make switching to a VP9 from a PPQ worthwhile, are "fanbois". I've owned a P99 since sometime in the early-mid 2000's, and I can assure you that people who were interested in Walther pistols back then, were not interested in them because it was a popular or "cool" choice. They did so because the pistols were more accurate, more reliable, and more durable, before, during, and after many others on the market were released and/or having issues.

If you want to see hysterical fanboys, I'd suggest you guys check out threads on the H&K forum around 2011, around the time the PPQ was released. I guarantee you'll find more than one thread to prove my point.

Those guys color their pistols with crayons, so to see products from H&K and Walther being compared, and to see the focus of the discussion of "fanboi" being directed towards Walther owners, is laughable to me. Are there fanboys on the Walther forum, sure, absolutely, just as there are in any other brand specific forum, but this doesn't mean a thing as far as how long the company or the models of pistols they produce will remain on the market.

Walther has been around since 1886. I'm not expecting them to go under anytime soon. The P99 was "uncool" for over 17 years, and it is still in production. Before the P99, the P5 was in production for around 30 years. Before the P5, the P38 was in production for over 60 years. Before the P38, the PP-series was, and still is in production for over 85 years. The "successful" Walthers seem to stay in production for decades. The PPQ has been a success since it was released. If anyone has some inside, or credible information, as to it being discontinued, please put it out there. Otherwise...

I already have multiple mags for my P99 and PPQ. They are interchangeable. Aftermarket sights from Trijicon, 10-8, Dawson Precision, Meprolight, etc., are available for the P99 and PPQ. They are interchangeable as well.

H&K has better parts availability at the moment, but I've never had an issue getting parts for my Walther pistols, either from Walther Arms, or ERS. I don't see any other pro's going to the VP9 at the moment. Maybe others can point them out to me. I don't see a good enough reason to switch over. Am I a fanboy? I guess according to some guys on that, and this, thread, the answer is yes.

I guess I just don't see what all the fuss is about in regards to the VP9. Is it more reliable than what I own already? Is it more accurate than what I own already? Is it more durable than what I own already?

What am I missing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well nobody said that the PPQ wasn't accurate or reliable, It is.. I have one as well as a VP9. In my post above I mentioned the weaknesses of the PPQ. The rear sight. It's a odd ball arrangement that while being adjustable, is in my opinion, a fragile set up, a rather small fine threaded, square head screw and a slotted spring loaded plunger is all that holds the rear sight in place. A simple dovetail would have been a better, more durable choice. Mags...While the P99 and PPQ Lever release mags interchange, the PPQ button release mags don't interchange with anything but another PPQ button release. Where Walther shot themselves in the foot is having two of the same model pistols, with different mag release systems, and the mags don't interchange, say what you want, but that was stupid, period. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with the PPQ, I really don't plan on selling mine.. All pistols are a series of compromises, and IMO (and IMO,only) the VP9 has fewer of them.
    Last edited by ralph; 09-18-14 at 17:02.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Page 170 of 212 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast