Page 179 of 212 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2119

Thread: HK new striker fired pistol VP9! Pics inside!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have been disappointed to some degree with mine thus far. Several failures to return to battery, and one failure to extract. These were all within the first 100 rounds, and it has been good since. Need to put more rounds through it before I trust it fully.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have ~5,000 rounds between a pair of VP9s without any issues to date, shooting 124 gr. ammo running 1,080 - 1,100 fps.

Overall, even after the honeymoon phase is over I think it's one of the easiest pistols I own to pick up and shoot well. Hot or cold, fast or slow, it just eats little holes in the cardboard. Even out to 25 yards with the stock sights, out of 100 rounds I won't drop one outside of 5", which is on par with my Accu Shadow. At 50 ft., it's rare to drop a shot outside of 3.5".

My main issue with the pistol is the placement of the right side slide stop and lever. It's poorly designed most likely due to the S-spring placement in the frame and requires a grip change to allow the slide to lock back.

Now if only it had the support and low bore axis of a Glock and came in G34, 17 and 19 sizes....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My VP9 has been completely flawless over 1500 rounds despite rather casual maintenance. Slide stop lever....I can see how it could be a problem with some grip placements, but just has never been an issue for me. The slide release on the PPQ is even more prominent. My particular grip must not be prone to that problem.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I bought my VP9 in June and have put close to 2500 rds through it,,not a ton,but a decent amount. I "never" cleaned it, just added more lube from time to time. I used FireClean exclusively. I just finally cleaned it last week, I figured it was time, I have been busy and have not had time to shoot lately so I tore it down and swabbed it out,came clean pretty easy. The gun ran perfect with 0 malfunctions of any kind with the exception of a light reload that got through and the case just kind of hung out in the ejection port, a quick tap rack and I was back on task. Gun was very accurate as expected and the factory sites are adequate, my charging tabs have held up fine so far. I really like the gun & will continue to use it till something else shinny comes along,,LOL

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You all sold me. I told him I'll take it. Range day hopefully this weekend.
    Good move Will! It will put a smile on your face. Great pistol.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Finally broke down and bought one myself... One of the few pistols that instantly felt good in my hand, besides the CZ75 family and M1911/ Browning HiPower. The action is one of the best feeling of the striker fired designs to come along in my limited experiences, besides a worked over Glock "safe-action". Spent a couple of days looking around locally for a carry soloution and a pair of decent night sights, and came up empty.. So, I just ordered a holster from OTG and a set of Trijicon HDs for it and I'm waiting on their delivery.. So far, the quality of manufacture is right on par with expectations, and considering the price point, well amazed that H&K could pull it off, and not charge close to 1K for it. If it has the mechanical accuracy that everyone touts, it looks to be a long term keeper.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hitler reacts to the new VP9:

http://youtu.be/_Du8pTD9nkU

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I pout 150rnds through it last night. It lived up to expectations for the most part. Slow fire, probably the most accurate out of the box striker fired pistol I have shot. Faster shooting was not as successful as I'd like, but I'm rusty and it's new to me, so not a big deal. POI was slightly low left until I adjusted. Then pretty much a ragged hole from 10 yard indoor line with occasional flyer. Trigger is great I thought, and although heavy, it didn't bother me as an out of the box M&P trigger does. I did have one failure to lock back on the last rnd, and it did auto forward a number of times. I'm pretty aggressive with my mag insertions and it stopped if I didn't slap them home with force. I don't mind auto forward, but it's not considered a good thing. My M&Ps will do it too with a forceful fast mag insert. Maybe I'm just too aggressive. In Glocks, auto forwarding is user error according to Glock and they don't auto forward. I kid.

Do others get auto forwarding with this pistol? If so, how often?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Both my p-30 and vp9 will auto forward just about every time if the mags are inserted aggressively

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Hitler reacts to the new VP9:

http://youtu.be/_Du8pTD9nkU
    This was quite a treat. Thanks for sharing.

Page 179 of 212 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast