Page 185 of 212 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2119

Thread: HK new striker fired pistol VP9! Pics inside!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Will Says it perfect ! I have big hands and I still have no trouble hitting the release with my trigger finger ! Its a win win situation !
    I actually have small hands myself. I still find that design faster and more intuitive to engage.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    If I had a choice all my pistols would have the HK style mag release.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I prefer the paddle, but it took some practice to use my index on the PPS. Never occurred to me to try the index. Sheesh, much easier. I compared the PPQ and VP9 in the store last week. The HK works best of the three for me and felt natural with the index.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I actually have small hands myself. I still find that design faster and more intuitive to engage.
    I bet it would be a tad easier with smaller hands/short fingers the pad would be right there ! I have to "scrunch"my trigger finger in to hit it but its fast with no change of grip and that's the key I feel, huge difference. No mater how I break it down and add extended mag release's on my Glocks or 1911s I still have to rotate/change my grip even if its a little I'm still changing it & that's the difference ! With the VP9 I just don't. Being the big handed goof I still have an occasional failure slide to lock back because I'm ridding the release to high,but over all I really like the VP9,so much so I will be grabbing another one after tax time or early Spring ! I always had 2 G17s but gave one to my Daughter last Summer,so time to double up on the HK.

Feedback Score
    I must be weird. I use my thumb for the VP9 and my middle finger for the PPQ M1.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    I must be weird.
    If you insist...

I use middle finger both on paddle and button releases and it works best for me. But at the end of the day this is personal decision, what works best for you. Great things about paddle release is, that it offers lot of choices: index finger, middle finger, thumb, index finger + thumb, support hand thumb .... and I even can use pinky. All this despite if you are right handed, left handed, both handed or either handed!
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    m1ascoutguy,

Everybody is different, but If you have a weapon light practice resting your support thumb near the weapon lights as if you were going to activate it. If you leave it there all the time (which I think Kyle Lamb recommends all the time anyway) then the lever should be clear. Worked for me with my P30. That thing used to give me fits. I never had the problem with my VP9 but by then it was ingrained in my brain.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    m1ascoutguy,

Everybody is different, but If you have a weapon light practice resting your support thumb near the weapon lights as if you were going to activate it. If you leave it there all the time (which I think Kyle Lamb recommends all the time anyway) then the lever should be clear. Worked for me with my P30. That thing used to give me fits. I never had the problem with my VP9 but by then it was ingrained in my brain.
    Thanks Greg,,I do not have a light at the moment but I will take your advice and put it to use. I really like everything about the VP9 but I can't say I Love it and the problem is I have to think and be aware of my hand placement ! ( I am always aware but I have to work harder on it with the VP9) Everything else is 110% a go,I have close to 3K through it and 0 malfunctions other than a week reload and it just hung in the ejection port a bit,a quick tap/rack and I was back in business ! I'll work on getting a light and getting my hand and crap together,,Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee View Post
    "Rated at" is not the same thing as "Capable of".
    I'm in. Spread the pork.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I'm more surprised at the number of people who, apparently can't figure out that these releases are ment to be used with your trigger/index finger, and bitch that they can't use their thumb... Usually, with about 5 minutes of instruction the few folks I've seen complain about it, "get it". IMO, the lever release is much better than a button, YMMV....
    I completely agree. I have smaller hands and the HK mag releases are far easier on the then the standard button drops. I can run with either though, it's really quite easy.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 185 of 212 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast