Page 190 of 212 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2119

Thread: HK new striker fired pistol VP9! Pics inside!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well here's my cursory experience with the VP9:

It certainly 'feels' good but overall it simply isn't 'right' for me.
    The trigger is nicer than a Glock but the reset felt different. Not a 'bad' different just different. It seemed well built.

I have big hands and the ambi was not as fluid for me. It was like the M&P, I was fighting myself. Eventually I got it. I don't want to knock the gun as technically it performs very well. Accuracy was negligible. Maybe slightly better but it's a combat pistol, not a Hammerli.

I think I have been so inglocktrinated that I can't seem to get around it. I ended up trading it at a loss for another Glock. I really wanted to like this pistol, and academically I do, but I can't seem to get around myself. In fact, part of me wants to dump my vast HK collection (two pistols and an HK91) in favor of more Glock and 1911 stuff. I don't dislike HK at all and have enjoyed their products but it seems that over the years it's hard to care. They make good stuff but after I hit "the wall" with Glocks and SR25 rifle; it is hard to "go back".

I don't want to ramble but I really liked the VP9. It elicited the same ooh ahh that the P9 did but after a while it was just another pistol. The problem is me, I suppose I've gotten too lazy.

YMMV. If I hadn't been so muscle memoried with Glock I would have loved this gun. Sorry for the tangent. It's just I never thought this would happen to me.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post

Several other things of note: Retail on my VP9 LE at my local Cabellas was $799. I did not pay this but it seems very out of line with what others are getting theirs for. Next, I'm still not clear what sights mine has, are they luminescent or tritium? I also found a spare magazine at my local FFL/range. They wanted $50 for it. That can't possibly be normal.

Thanks for putting up with my noob report and thanks in advance for your patient replies.
    That is exactly what my local Cabela's had it for as well. They are so over the top when it comes to their firearm pricing.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here is my nieces future pistol when she gets on her own (and hopefully is way more responsible than my sister).

Love it. Waiting on a back ordered LE package that will be mine.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    I bought my VP9 back in November during a black Friday sale weekend for $589 and paid my FFL $40 for the transfer. She came with three 15rd magazines, I also ordered 3 more mags from the same site for around $40ea. Mine has the luminescent sights which are far superior to my Beretta 90-Two' Super Luminova sights. I have only been out once with her once before it got really cold up here. From the 3 boxes I have shot I was very impressed. I put 1 box of Wolf & 2 boxes of Lillier & Bellot through her both 115gr if I remember correctly. I am waiting for spring to really give her a go. At this point I am fairly impressed. The mag release is no longer something I need to get used to, and the ability to customize the grip sides and back strap is awesome. At this stage I wouldn't mind a second one.

WP_20150312_21_24_27_Pro.jpg
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post

Here is my nieces future pistol when she gets on her own (and hopefully is way more responsible than my sister).

Love it. Waiting on a back ordered LE package that will be mine.
    LOL just noticed the magazine... Nicely done.

My VP9 is my EDC. Fantastic pistola.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSKI View Post
    I bought my VP9 back in November during a black Friday sale weekend for $589 and paid my FFL $40 for the transfer. She came with three 15rd magazines, I also ordered 3 more mags from the same site for around $40ea. Mine has the luminescent sights which are far superior to my Beretta 90-Two' Super Luminova sights. I have only been out once with her once before it got really cold up here. From the 3 boxes I have shot I was very impressed. I put 1 box of Wolf & 2 boxes of Lillier & Bellot through her both 115gr if I remember correctly. I am waiting for spring to really give her a go. At this point I am fairly impressed. The mag release is no longer something I need to get used to, and the ability to customize the grip sides and back strap is awesome. At this stage I wouldn't mind a second one.

WP_20150312_21_24_27_Pro.jpg
    $40 transfer seems steep man.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    In fact, part of me wants to dump my vast HK collection (two pistols and an HK91) .
    I'd be happy to take that HK 91 off your hands
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    $40 transfer seems steep man.
    $40 is the cheapest in my bush town. Seeing as how the only gun store in town charges $200 for a transfer (unless he likes you then it's only $100), $40 is a steal in comparison.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSKI View Post
    $40 is the cheapest in my bush town. Seeing as how the only gun store in town charges $200 for a transfer (unless he likes you then it's only $100), $40 is a steal in comparison.
    Holy F***.

Mine are free

Feedback Score
    Played around a little with the camera this afternoon and took some shots of my new VP9. I'll probably end up buying another one of these just to have two.

Page 190 of 212 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast