Page 57 of 212 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: HK new striker fired pistol VP9! Pics inside!

Feedback Score
    INSATIABLE:
    in·sa·tia·ble
    inˈsāSHəbəl
    adjective
    (of an appetite or desire) impossible to satisfy.
    "an insatiable hunger for success"
    (of a person) having an insatiable appetite or desire for something, especially hk sex.

RETARDED:
    re·tard·ed
    riˈtärdid
    adjective
    less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
    informaloffensive
    very foolish or stupid.
    In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    If it does happen, I'm more hoping it will be a quality company like Mec Gar (yeah, I love me some Mec Gar) as opposed to Pro Mag or the likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    This is all pure speculation, I highly doubt H&K will outsource mag production... Let's just hope they had enough foresight to ramp up mag production in advancec
    just follow up on this briefly but I saw HK 45 mags by pro mag yesterday at the toy store so there is precedent. Always flew under my radar since I didn't have any HKs.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    just follow up on this briefly but I saw HK 45 mags by pro mag yesterday at the toy store so there is precedent. Always flew under my radar since I didn't have any HKs.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Pro-Mag makes mags for everything, Trouble is, they rarely work.... Hate to say it, but if you want extra HK mags, then you're just going to have to pony up the money and buy factory HK mags..They're not cheap, But you can bet your ass they'll work.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Around here Glock mags are $29.99 and P30 mags are $39.99. No way am cheaping out over $10 per mag. Hell, it costs nearly $10 to eat at subway these days.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Around here Glock mags are $29.99 and P30 mags are $39.99. No way am cheaping out over $10 per mag. Hell, it costs nearly $10 to eat at subway these days.
    Plus I suspect the P30 mags could take substantially more abuse than a Glock magazine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Premium Chicken wrap and two tiny bags of apple slices with no drink at McD's is $7.50. lol Found that out yesterday.

Honestly the Hk P30 mags (Hk mags in general) are the best mags I've ever used. They just work. I can't say the same thing about my 1911 or Sig mags. The M&P mags seem to have a short lifespan as well. Glock mags used to work well but I had issues with newer G19 mags from a couple years ago.
    In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee View Post
    Premium Chicken wrap and two tiny bags of apple slices with no drink at McD's is $7.50. lol Found that out yesterday.

Honestly the Hk P30 mags (Hk mags in general) are the best mags I've ever used. They just work. I can't say the same thing about my 1911 or Sig mags. The M&P mags seem to have a short lifespan as well. Glock mags used to work well but I had issues with newer G19 mags from a couple years ago.
    What M&P mags have you had any issues with? The only ones I've heard of with issues are the .45 mags which aren't made by mec gear...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    New pistol, new magazines (if it's not shooter induced).

I had a handful of these with my P30/9MM when everything was new. Maybe 3-4 times? Also had it with a new German made P226 a couple of years ago.

Hardly the hidden "smoking gun".
    Almost always a failure to lock back is due to the shooters grip and not a defect with the pistol or mags - what many shooters fail to take into account is the pistol torquing rearward during recoil and actually bringing the slide release into contact with the thumb ; this is very common and why you need to have ample clearance with your thumbs from the slide release

The procedure to determine the cause of the failure to lock back is very simple; load one round in the chamber with an empty mag inserted and get a firm revolver type grip on the pistol with the thumbs well away from the slide stop - fire the round down range in a safe direction and if the slide locks to the rear then your grip is the culprit ; repeat with all your serviceable magazines to verify proper function

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calviroman View Post
    09:15 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gFkcYECtx0

Failure to lock back on empty magazine. Also noticed this in another vid posted a couple days ago (American Rifleman IIRC)
    I am a P30 V1 SHOOTER (like, I shoot the shit out of it). When I shoot thumbs forward, I often find myself "Tap rack banging" in stressful drills because my gun just went click, but then realizing I rode the slide release on an empty chamber. Gotta remember what platform I am shooting! My P30 is dead nuts reliable and accurate as hell, but has an awful trigger. Grant, get me my VP9!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I first got the P30LS I had two failures of the slide to lock back on the last shot within the first 200 rounds. I figured out that it was my forward thumbs hold and went from the medium to the large backstrap and the issue disappeared.

I had no such troubles with the VP9, but went to the large backstrap after the first 200 rounds since someone with bigger hands than me would be shooting it for some of the tests: Wayne Dobbs. He is very impressed with the VP9, as am I.

Page 57 of 212 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast