Page 85 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: HK new striker fired pistol VP9! Pics inside!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCracker View Post
    MAC did a quick video review on the VP9. His opinion on the trigger is it's Glock like but better, but not PPQ better. If I didn't already have a PPQ I would definitely pick up a VP9.

http://youtu.be/CReqwUsjHLw

I own 5 Glocks, and don't think the VP9 is anything like a Glock trigger. He also spent half the video checking the VP9's temperature so I'm not sure what he was doing. I'm not trying to talk you out of your PPQ, but the only thing I think the VP9 and Glock triggers have in common is the safety bar.
    Last edited by KCBRUIN; 07-11-14 at 01:48.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Not sure if this has been posted.... or maybe he is even a member here... but this guy seems to do quite well with it....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
    I own 5 Glocks, and don't think the VP9 is anything like a Glock trigger. He also spent half the video checking the VP9's temperature so I'm not sure what he was doing. I'm not trying to talk you out of your PPQ, but the only thing I think the VP9 and Glock triggers have in common is the safety bar.
    I think it feels like a Glock with a minus connector. The break is kind of rolly though, as opposed to the SNAP of a glock.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCracker View Post
    MAC did a quick video review on the VP9. His opinion on the trigger is it's Glock like but better, but not PPQ better. If I didn't already have a PPQ I would definitely pick up a VP9.

http://youtu.be/CReqwUsjHLw
    A very experienced shooter friend just worked out with the VP9 and also described it as "like" a Glock trigger - with lighter take up; and a rolling break unlike the harder stack to shot break of the Glock. He has owned and shot many Glocks, carries one for a living and has won GSSF matches with them. He has a fair bit of cred to me.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-11-14 at 09:41.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Like a Glock only more expensive.

Yup, pretty much sums it up.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Just got off the phone with Heinie placing an order for a different product's sights and spoke with them about the P30/VP9 sights.

Good news is that the long awaited ledge sights for the P30 are in production now and estimated approx. eight weeks out. Will be nice for my future VP9.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Like a Glock only more expensive.

Yup, pretty much sums it up.

Like a Glock trigger? Ya, I think it is SIMILAR from my limited experience with them. That is where the comparison stops though. The HK is going to be more accurate (across the board) and more than likely a more reliable pistol (time will tell for sure though).

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 07-11-14 at 10:14.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    More accurate? Pretty subjective assertion.

More reliable? We can have that comparison after the VP9 is out for a few decades and after millions of them have been produced.

I am sure it is a fine handgun, but I find the rhapsodic musings about it to be kind of amusing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    More accurate? Pretty subjective assertion.

More reliable? We can have that comparison after the VP9 is out for a few decades and after millions of them have been produced.

I am sure it is a fine handgun, but I find the rhapsodic musings about it to be kind of amusing.

Accuracy is not subjective. It is quantifiable and repeatable. Whether Coca-Cola tastes good is subjective.

Reliability is not something that requires decades and millions of units. It requires good testing methods applied to a decent sample method of product. 10k rounds each through 30 guns would seem to be a good test in my mind. Maybe do some destructive tests on a few.

Crane certainly did not decades, and millions of MK23s to test and prove them.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Accuracy from a ransom rest is one thing.

Combat accuracy quite another.

Page 85 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast