Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New manufacturer out of Idaho (lightweight junkies come in)

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

New manufacturer out of Idaho (lightweight junkies come in)

Not affiliated, find their upper and lower to be quite well thought out... the milled out set looks suitable for a lightweight build. (6.5 oz stripped lower / 5.85 oz stripped upper)
    They also have standard sets...
    Thoughts?

http://www.2a-arms.com/products

Last edited by E-man930; 06-09-14 at 22:31.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - John Dean "Jeff" Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No matter how good it looks or how light it is, $530 is too much to pay for a stripped receiver set
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    No matter how good it looks or how light it is, $530 is too much to pay for a stripped receiver set
    I have to agree $530 for an upper and lower, no matter how special seems like a lot to pay.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That's basically an extra 40 minutes of mill time for about 2oz in chips taken off. I'm sure there's a market for it, but that's a small one. It's pretty work, but the net performance (weight) gain for the time isn't a great tradeoff, so these are a better fit on no-expense-spared builds, otherwise there are much more cost efficient ways to trim mass.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Something is worth what someone will pay for it. That's all.

The set is about $480 from the only dealer that handles them for 2AA. If you're trying for a real lightweight and want to save 4 ounces without using polymer or cast magnesium alloy, this set makes sense. It is billet and it saves 1/4 pound. When trying to go lighteight, you look to save every ounce, in EVERY part possible. I have three sets of Aero Precision receivers to build with, but I chose 2AA for my lightweight build. It will always be lighter than any rifle I can build with my APs.

This set will not be for everyone, but if you want to build a true lightweight AND have billet receivers, the 2AA is an awesome option. I just received my set and the fit and finish are outstanding. I am going cheap with my pistol build, but my ligtweight, not so much.

So, are they worth it? Well, that's an individual choice that no one gets to make for you.

http://www.hawktecharms.com/SearchRe...fg=2A+Armament
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    It is kind of cool if you are into the whole "must cut weight" game. Price is not that bad. I have seen Noveske FFLs with a upper go for more than that. Billet set run in that area also. So it is competitive.

Would I get one....no way. I will stick with my $130 Aero Precision set any day....
    http://aeroprecisionusa.com/combo-se...eiver-set.html
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Interesting. I would use those over plastic or magnesium receivers, neither of which I trust. These are probably stronger than those, but it is probably safe to say they wouldn't be as strong as non-lightened billet or forged. Probably a good option depending on the purpose of the rifle.

V7 weapon systems is not done yet, I'll wait to see what comes out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    It..............I will stick with my $130 Aero Precision set any day....
    http://aeroprecisionusa.com/combo-se...eiver-set.html
    They were $115 when I bought two months ago, but you can still get a first run AP set for $120 with free shipping from DOA.

http://www.shop.doasales.net/AERO-PR...CEIVER-SET.htm
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree they look great, $480 for a set is getting up there.

Feedback Score
    I don't understand why nobody has done what BCM did with the KMR. Word has it, BCM tried manufacturing the KMR out of magnesium only and during testing, it just wasn't strong enough. They figured out that by doing a 92/8 Magnesium/Aluminum mix, it made the Magnesium alloy something like 80% stronger.

Regarding the Upper/Lower combo, I don't know that I'd pay that much for it but it does look like some nice work. I like the built in QD socket.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast