Thread: Looking for a good CHC instructor in Albuquerque

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Looking for a good CHC instructor in Albuquerque

I'd like to take a comprehensive carry course, with the focus on proper carry technique and presentation, legal aspects and marksmanship. LEO/MIL experienced instructors are preferred. I'm more concerned about high quality real life training than with paying the cheapest price and getting a quick bare bones qualification. Feel free to PM me with any feedback and personal experiences. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Go see Jordan Nighbert or Jimmy Creed @ Calibers. Both of them have extensive backgrounds, are top shooters and instructors, and pressure test techniques and tactics regularly using force on force and attending training courses that do the same.

Work with them directly to formulate a personal plan for your goals and what you want to train.

Tell them I sent you and they'll get you up to speed.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks, Samuel. As it turns out my wife just bought a pistol course for two at Calibers. I'll be sure to look them up when we attend.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Jordan and Jimmy are both good guys, you'll be well taken care of by them.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Well looks like it's a done deal. Thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It turns out Jimmy and I got acquainted when he worked at a nearby LGS a few years back. As for the course we took, Jordan was the lead instructor and did a fantastic job. My wife (who I assume is like all wives) has selective hearing when I speak. Consequently she learned about slide bite the hard way after our first range trip. After the Calibers course, she left feeling confident and capable of handling a firearm. Jordan did such a good job that when I spoke to him about CCW my wife assumed I was looking to register as a couple. She's getting the gun bug, I think. The crew at Calibers is definitely top notch. Thanks for the recommendation, guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I completed the Practical CCW course at Caliber's, and I must say I am very happy with the training provided. Other instructors can do the state minimum quals for 1/3 the price, but where the Calibers course really shines is the practical portion. Almost 100% of day two is spent on the range, practicing presentation, marksmanship, running drills and clearing malfunctions. We fired about 150 rounds (included in the price) prior to the actual qualification part. The instructors Jimmy and Daniel aka "Runt") are thorough and patient, and the entire atmosphere is pleasant and relaxed. Thank you for pointing me here, guys. The experience and training value are well worth the price.

Disclosure: I am speaking my own opinion, and do not/have not received any form of compensation from Calibers or it's employees for this post.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelBLong View Post
    Go see Jordan Nighbert or Jimmy Creed @ Calibers. Both of them have extensive backgrounds, are top shooters and instructors, and pressure test techniques and tactics regularly using force on force and attending training courses that do the same.

Work with them directly to formulate a personal plan for your goals and what you want to train.

Tell them I sent you and they'll get you up to speed.
    Couldn't agree more. Jimmy is the MAN. I'm taking carbine lessons from him, he's solid. Ex-marine, knows his stuff.
    For CCW, Tony Otero is also great.
    Last edited by XD40Colorado; 08-10-15 at 23:05.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Once I get all the career BS in check I plan to train with Jimmy. I've said that for months now, but I think I'm finallly getting to the point where I can actually do it.