Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It never ceases to Amaze me...

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

It never ceases to Amaze me...

I wish I was making this up, I've heard of people being this stupid, but I have never seen it in person before today.

I had a customer walk in with a pieced together AR that wasn't cycling. He said it was cycling fine until he had a drop in railed hand guard put on by another shop here in town. After taking it in back I thought to myself that's the first time i've seen a mid length barrel with a m4 cut, and there's a lot of carbon deposit on the top rail... oh wait a second. The other shop had moved the gas block forward on a carbine gas system to fit the mid length HG. I was in shock for a second as I tried to comprehend the logic behind this. I've heard of people doing this before but I thought it was a joke and no one could possibly do it in real life. I was wrong.

Moral of the story is take your guns to some one who knows what they are doing.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-02-14 at 16:51.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Did he at least replace the carbine gas tube for a mid-length? Not that it would have helped... but for appearances, anyway.

Feedback Score
    A true dissipator, as in it dissipates all your gas in to the air. That's fantastic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Please tell me you took pictures.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like a slick straight pull bolt, compensator barrel AR. How creative.

Careful where you hold it though!
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid". And here is a shining example.

Is there an Angie's List for AR owners?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I wish I was making this up, I've heard of people being this stupid, but I have never seen it in person before today.

I had a customer walk in with a pieced together AR that wasn't cycling. He said it was cycling fine until he had a drop in railed hand guard put on by another shop here in town. After taking it in back I thought to myself that's the first time i've seen a mid length barrel with a m4 cut, and there's a lot of carbon deposit on the top rail... oh wait a second. The other shop had moved the gas block forward on a carbine gas system to fit the mid length HG. I was in shock for a second as I tried to comprehend the logic behind this. I've heard of people doing this before but I thought it was a joke and no one could possibly do it in real life. I was wrong.

Moral of the story is take your guns to some one who knows what they are doing.

All one often needs to do is walk into their local firearm outlet and they can then allow themselves to be fully inundated with nonsense. These days I just tell them what I want and block out any suggestive or critical replies. You don't sell it then have a great day or transfer it for me, otherwise handle the transaction as you should for a perspective customer and and shut the frig up.

I'm always humble and courteous, but as we know as consumers in this market the favor isn't necessarily returned.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Color me not surprised. But it is still kind of impressive that someone who is working as a gunsmith in a gun shop could be that stupid and uneducated about the platform they are working on. Notice I said impressive, not surprising. It is also one of the reasons I opted for a DD Omega rail on my BCM when I recently put a rail on it, I didn't know of a local shop that I would trust to put it on and if it didn't work correctly I could just blame myself, the second reason being that it was a smoking deal. It works great BTW.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    All one often needs to do is walk into their local firearm outlet and they can then allow themselves to be fully inundated with nonsense. These days I just tell them what I want and block out any suggestive or critical replies. You don't sell it then have a great day or transfer it for me, otherwise handle the transaction as you should for a perspective customer and and shut the frig up.

I'm always humble and courteous, but as we know as consumers in this market the favor isn't necessarily returned.

If you filter out all the B.S. you hear in a gun shop, all you have to work with is hello and please come again.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. Unfortunately so many people buy AR's based on the look because its what our military uses them and have very little clue as to the operation or capabilities. Sounds like this guy searched the other site for info options on his rail and gunsmith.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast