Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAP FN finally !

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

GAP FN finally !

Took some time, but she's here now. Just got it in today, scope mounted and cleaned ready to go. That's the only set of rings I had, may go a tad lower? The only thing I may do is lighten the trigger up some, easy to do.

Basically a Rock with an FN action and TA stock, flush cups bottom, left side. Mini FTE. Donor was a new FN PBR-XP, standard bottom metal.
    I just wanted a solid basic rifle, somewhat.

FN Action, hinged floor plate
    22" .308 1n11", fluted, 5/8x24, Badger mini FTE/thread protector
    Manners, TA
    NF 3.5-15X50 , older mil/MLR/ZS
    Harris 6-9 BRS w/pod loc.

14 pounds exactly as pictured.

Mark

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sweet rig! It is giving me a lot of ideas about the TSR-XP that I aquired from a certain highly esteemed moderator on this site

Would you mind sharing some general costs for the work not including the donor rifle or glass?
    Last edited by Inuvik; 06-13-14 at 14:26.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    WICKED! I love it.. Cheers...
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Dang--I want that back, kick myself all of the freakin time!
    The stock was in the six range and the work which included the barrel, brake, cerakote and thread protector was in the 1800 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuvik View Post
    Sweet rig! It is giving me a lot of ideas about the TSR-XP that I aquired from a certain highly esteemed moderator on this site

Would you mind sharing some general costs for the work not including the donor rifle or glass?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Dang--I want that back, kick myself all of the freakin time!
    The stock was in the six range and the work which included the barrel, brake, cerakote and thread protector was in the 1800 range.
    Don't worry, it is getting put to use on a regular basis. I don't know if I could go back to a hinged floor plate after using the DBM.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    very nice build! you really don't see many custom CRF actions out there, especially braked and in a modern stock. heck, i don't think I've ever seen that configuration before. it's like all the most durable options put together. super practical and looks good too. i assume we'll be seeing some pics of shot groups after the weekend...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nice looking gun. Congrats on the build, it turned out excellent.

I have two such actions, they are solid.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Stellar package,.........love the Manners stocks!
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Have you shot it yet? They build incredibly accurate rifles.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice. The PBR XP is a great gun. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I love the safety on these things. I've got what you might call a budget build of your gun. GAP did a trigger on it a long time ago, while my buddy owned it. I took it back to GAP after I bought it and had them cut/crown/thread the barrel and put a badger knob on it. The Manners stock is still a little low for me so I'm looking to add a permanent cheek riser. It might go back to GAP at some point for a new barrel.

It puts holes in deer as well as it does paper. Took two last winter with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast