Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GSW/blow-out kit components - best bang for the buck

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    Actually, a blood-type patch could come in handy if the patient is unable to speak and a transfusion becomes necessary. Believe it or not, there always seems to be at least one M.D. in every training class I've taken. Imagine that.....

Relying on someone else to bring along a very complete first aid kit is probably not the best plan, but to each his own.

For me, I'm an attorney that sues unprepared trauma surgeons. I have very little practical medical training other than the Wilderness First Aid course I went through due to the fact I do quite a bit of backpacking and hiking.
    You won't sue any trauma surgeons from events at a firearm training course. You'll be too busy suing the course organizer, or the firearm manufacturer, or the ammo manufacturer, or the weather man, or whomever else. As to blood-type patches, you'll also be wanting to be prepared to sue the hospital that gives a potentially lethal blood transfusion based solely on a cool-looking patch that the patient has velcroed on their clothing. If there was ever a hospital that was stupid enough to do that, they deserve your courtroom attention. I'd even volunteer to act as your expert witness. You'll need someone to give you advice since this is an area that you're apparently unfamiliar with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    As to blood-type patches, you'll also be wanting to be prepared to sue the hospital that gives a potentially lethal blood transfusion based solely on a cool-looking patch that the patient has velcroed on their clothing. If there was ever a hospital that was stupid enough to do that, they deserve your courtroom attention. I'd even volunteer to act as your expert witness. You'll need someone to give you advice since this is an area that you're apparently unfamiliar with.

LOL----well, you passed the test, I guess. The better answer would be if, in a state where it is permitted, a paramedic administered a transfusion in flight and used a type other than O-negative, courtroom attention would be called for.

I still suspect you are a recent graduate, but that's just my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.
    Last edited by peruna; 09-21-14 at 13:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I still suspect you are a recent graduate, but that's just my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.
    I suspect that I was doing trauma surgery back when you were in grade school.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Can't we all get along?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Can't we all get along?

Everybody's getting along just fine. This is all just normal doctor/lawyer banter.

Last edited by Hmac; 09-21-14 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LOL----well, you passed the test, I guess. The better answer would be if, in a state where it is permitted, a paramedic administered a transfusion in flight and used a type other than O-negative, courtroom attention would be called for.

Dad's home. Everyone play nice now.

Peruna- Check your PMs.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Some bandaids and some kerlix oughta do it then. Untrained or casually-trained personnel mainly need to know how to apply pressure to something that's squirting blood, and how to use their cell phone to call trained personnel. They don't need a gunshot wound/"blow-out" kit.
    Even casually trained people are better than no people when SHTF. Going over a TQ and an occlusive isn't brain surgery and I can only hope someone you feel safe shooting with is able to grasp those concepts easily. No needle Ts (DART Kits) and you'll be fine! Might want to throw in some general CPR into it as well.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Olaes bandage is a great piece of kit that can cover many bases. Try getting a quote from http://www.chinookmed.com/ on a multiple kit order, they have always worked with me on prices for custom orders.

Back to the Olaes, it provides you with multiple options and is highly effective for large wounds that are hemorrhaging.

Olaes Video

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234