Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
Actually, a blood-type patch could come in handy if the patient is unable to speak and a transfusion becomes necessary. Believe it or not, there always seems to be at least one M.D. in every training class I've taken. Imagine that.....

Relying on someone else to bring along a very complete first aid kit is probably not the best plan, but to each his own.

For me, I'm an attorney that sues unprepared trauma surgeons. I have very little practical medical training other than the Wilderness First Aid course I went through due to the fact I do quite a bit of backpacking and hiking.
You won't sue any trauma surgeons from events at a firearm training course. You'll be too busy suing the course organizer, or the firearm manufacturer, or the ammo manufacturer, or the weather man, or whomever else. As to blood-type patches, you'll also be wanting to be prepared to sue the hospital that gives a potentially lethal blood transfusion based solely on a cool-looking patch that the patient has velcroed on their clothing. If there was ever a hospital that was stupid enough to do that, they deserve your courtroom attention. I'd even volunteer to act as your expert witness. You'll need someone to give you advice since this is an area that you're apparently unfamiliar with.