Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Tactical"/EDC AA Handheld Lights- What To Get?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CommO View Post
    I have to strongly recommend that you look at Streamlight's ProTac line of lights. I prefer to carry Surefire, but if I need to carry something in 2AA, 1AA, or 2AAA, I think Streamlight ProTac lights meet all of your stated requirements.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    I did a review on some Streamlight flashlights, including the protac 2AA and the HL.
    I carry one everyday still, and it works really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsden11 View Post
    I'll second these! I have been using a pro tac 2l at work daily for over a year and love it. The only gripe I have was with the nylon holster it came with. I made one out of kydex and it works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by birdkiller View Post
    I've been carrying a stream light protac 1AA for over a year. I think either the 1 or 2AA protac models will fit your needs perfectly. They're great lights, and excellent warranty as well.

Another vote for the Streamlight Protac 2AA. I picked one up a while ago and use it at work as well as for EDC. Great light for the price, easy to carry, nice and bright.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    seen this? Peak LED Solutions Eiger, constantly variable lumen up to 200 from a single AAA -- http://peakledsolutions.net/index.html

have AA and 123 options also...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a 1xcr123 Nitecore and it's a nice light but I'm not crazy about the switch. Too much to remember and what intensity will it come on.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll whatever X bump for the protac line. MY only complaint is the clip seems to pop off easily. Put some liquid nail to glue the clip to the flashlight body and I've been in love ever since.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This one's easy... Zebralight SC52. Side clicky, 300 lumens for .9 hours from an AA Eneloop, $64 shipped. Plenty of lower lumen modes to choose from, flood lens options, warmer color temps and headlight models, too. I think these are the most efficient single AA lights on the market today.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Does "side clicky" classify as "tactical" .. .that's why I say stay away from niteforce because it's rear clicky but you can't be sure what you will get. So it doesn't fall into the 'tactical' set. I thought all tactical lights needed to be rear click with a reliable repeatable specific illumination intensity and pattern.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    I did a review on some Streamlight flashlights, including the protac 2AA and the HL.

http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2013/12/st...c-1aa-and.html

I would recommend the Protac 2AA. I carry one everyday still, and it works really well.
    Yeah, this. ^^^

Might be a little tall for a single pistol pouch but clip is removable and low pro.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Streamlight ProTac series.

I have the 2AA and 1AA handheld lights and they have been great.

I'm a firefighter/emt and have use the 1AA as my on-duty handheld light for patient care at night. The strobe is also good for when I'm standing on the side of a highway at night working a wreck.

But get this... I have clipped the 1AA to my bunker coat pocket and taken it into fires. It has survived a 427 degree (verified with our TIC)enviroment for about 20 minutes and still works like new. My Streamlight "Survivor" has faced the same treatment, only far more often.

Feedback Score
    I've been using Fenix lights for a couple years now. The LD12 is single AA with a 110 lumen output and the LD22 is two AA with an ouput of 180+? I don't know the exact lumen count. Mine have been used hard and are still going. I have used them in corrections work and for EDC. I have the older models LD10 and LD20. I'm tough on my gear and these have held up to my abuse. I use AA rechargeables in the two AA LD20 model. The single AA model is still on the lithium AA I put in it originally. I admit I use the two AA model the most. Plus the company listens to customer input to update existing products and for future products.
    Better equipment doesn’t make you a better shot. Better practice makes you a better shot.

I’m not impressed by a lifetime warranty. I’m impressed by something built to last a lifetime!

American by birth, Veteran by choice!

Eric

Feedback Score
    I've been EDC'ing a Quark for a couple of years now and really like it. I've also carried Surefire E1X and E2X series, Fenix, along with a Nitecore D10.

I only really like Tail switches & also require a EDC light to have a "instant On Full" mode. With the Quark & Fenix, this is simple to do by just having the head tightened.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast