Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Tactical"/EDC AA Handheld Lights- What To Get?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by A62Rambler View Post
    I've been using Fenix lights for a couple years now. The LD12 is single AA with a 110 lumen output and the LD22 is two AA with an ouput of 180+? I don't know the exact lumen count. Mine have been used hard and are still going. I have used them in corrections work and for EDC. I have the older models LD10 and LD20. I'm tough on my gear and these have held up to my abuse. I use AA rechargeables in the two AA LD20 model. The single AA model is still on the lithium AA I put in it originally. I admit I use the two AA model the most. Plus the company listens to customer input to update existing products and for future products.
    x2 on the LD12. Mine has held up great and its plenty bright. I keep mine in my truck and use it multiple times a day and its had the same set of batteries in it since January or February.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Yeah, the Fenix LD's were on the short list, but then I started reading about some issues with them over on CP forum, so....

Was also really liking the Quarks, but apparently the threading isn't the greatest and wears out quicker than average.

Back to the drawing board.
    Protac's are nice, but.... kind of want something with a little wider range of modes.

Sunwayman and Nitecore are actually looking pretty good right now....

Edit- So after another day of research, apparently the Sunway's don't like to be dropped, and the NC's selector ends the "low" mode at the full power strobe option. WTF? That's not tactical!
    Gear merry-go-rounds are fun!
    Last edited by Jellybean; 08-03-14 at 17:03.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    I carry a Pelican 2360. Very bright, super tough and not too expensive when you drop it in a lake while holding it in your mouth untying some buoys after a race...or so I've heard

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been a huge 4sevens fans for years. I carry a 123^2 turbo everyday but I have a AAx2 that I have in my bug out bag due to the ease of finding batteries if I need them. All are great lights.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been very happy with my Surefire Fury with momentary ONLY tailcap, 500 lumen model; I haven't yet seen the brighter than the sun 1000 in the flesh yet.

Feedback Score
    Maglite xl 50 I've dropped it on concrete bout 10ft threw it (by accident), this thing just works

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just want to mention that the ProTac line now comes with a much improved pocket clip. The old version had short, stubby arms that barely wrapped around and a straight edge that didn't seat well against the end cap. The new version's arms are much longer, and it has a notch that seats well against the end cap. The clip was my only real complaint with the line, and now it's been almost completely fixed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    This one's easy... Zebralight SC52. Side clicky, 300 lumens for .9 hours from an AA Eneloop, $64 shipped. Plenty of lower lumen modes to choose from, flood lens options, warmer color temps and headlight models, too. I think these are the most efficient single AA lights on the market today.

The SC52 blows away damn near all the other AA lights you can buy. I've carried one every day for close to three years and they are the real deal.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    In that price range, the Fenix lights have worked for out very well for me.

The E21 was intended to be a cheap, beater light, and has well exceeded my expectations. I expected a cheap light to not give a crap about, and has never given me a single issue. It's been a solid performer, especially considering the price.

It's been dropped, submerged, thrown, and generally neglected, and is still working.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 09-23-14 at 19:49.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i was just reminded the other day that this exist

http://www.gerbergear.com/Tactical/L...pact_31-002308

it debuted at shot show and i forgot about it, but looks like it's for sale now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast