Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: very best LPK

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
    building a new AR and useing a billet lower and want the best LPK. are the RRA LPK's any good ? no 2 stage or adjustables and prefer to have standard springs
    No on the RRA LPK.

The best would be Colt and LMT IMHO.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    what makes the LMT better than the $60.00 RRA LPK ?

The quality of the parts is about the best way and easiest way to explain it. If you are willing to go with RRA, then make sure to look at Stag as most of the RRA parts come from them.

C4

Feedback Score
    so the Colt LPK is the best ? I thought all Colt AR lowere were large pin units,do they make a standard small pin LPK ? I'd pay $85.00 for a Colt standard small pin LPK if I knew where to get it .
    WHO ME ? ---- A government big enough to
    give you everything you want, is
    strong enough to take everything
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    so the Colt LPK is the best ? I thought all Colt AR lowere were large pin units,do they make a standard small pin LPK ? I'd pay $85.00 for a Colt standard small pin LPK if I knew where to get it .
    IMHO, yes simply because that they have .Mil standard to follow. They parts are checked and required to meet a standard. The majority of the other companies that produce these parts do not have to do that.

So your second best option is to look at LMT.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant do you sell the LMT LPK? I didn't see it on your website. I thought they only come with their lower assembly. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think you're about $90 short.
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich776 View Post
    Grant do you sell the LMT LPK? I didn't see it on your website. I thought they only come with their lower assembly. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=852

C4

Feedback Score
    great that's what I needed to know . so the Stag LPK at $65.00 is out of spec ? I was under the impression Stag/CMT made the LPK for Colt, at least that's what a vendor has told me. I will spend more to get the Colt or LMT if they are indeed better . what I was going to do is lightly polish up the contact points lube it and install it . how deep is the heat treating to harden the parts,I don't want to F them up .
    WHO ME ? ---- A government big enough to
    give you everything you want, is
    strong enough to take everything
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rmecapn View Post
    Thanks for the observations. Would you mind indicating how many builds we are referring to and the number of CMT/Stag LPK's you've tried vs. the Colt's? I'm am seriously trying to put together some statistics based on experience so we have some kind of empirical evidence.

My experience is very limited. I've used three Stag lowers and put RRA LPK's in them and had no issue with fit or function on the LPK's.

It'd be nice if someone like Pat Rogers chimed in with their documented experience on LPK failures by make.

Karl
    Number of builds, about 30 give or take. I have tried a total of 3DPMS I got when back when I figured an LPK is an LPK. It was junk so I took it back and they replaced it, then this one was even worse so again I went back and got yet another that was not as bad as the first two and i made it work with some effort and spares I had.

I did 1 build on an RRA kit for my brother who really wanted the RRA kit because he "heard" they made the "bestest" 2 stage trigger. That one went together fine although the trigger took a dump after about a year.

CMT kits I've done maybe 10 or so builds with. They were fine at first but then I started getting some that were about as bad as the DPMS LPKs. So I stopped trying to save money and bought COLT lower parts. I'd rather pay extra for the quality and QC then keep going through the headaches with the others.YMMV. FWIW I have not yet tried the LMT LPKs and would certainly like to.

Feedback Score
    Bingo! so demand has driven down quality on the CMT LPK's while they try to maintain the lower price...It's the same thing with their lowers and tight mag wells etc. That has been my experience. What about Bushy?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast