Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: very best LPK

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Where to buy

Where are people buying the Colt LPK's found some on google. but wonder is there a perferred place to go, Grant do you sell them?
    none

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The last two builds I put together using ArmaLite stripped lowers & CMT/STAG LPK's went together fine, but the front takedown pins had alot of play in them (The entire pin could be rotated a few degrees past what I have been used to). It is good to now have the option of the LMT "Basic" kit, so I can choose the trigger/grip/etc. for future builds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
    building a new AR and useing a billet lower and want the best LPK. are the RRA LPK's any good ? no 2 stage or adjustables and prefer to have standard springs
    My lauwer custom weaponry lpk fits great ,&has great machine work,tight very happy with it.($55)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gishooter View Post
    Where are people buying the Colt LPK's found some on google. but wonder is there a perferred place to go, Grant do you sell them?
    Try specialized armament warehouse.

Feedback Score
    so the Colt LPK is the best ? I thought all Colt AR lowere were large pin units,do they make a standard small pin LPK ? I'd pay $85.00 for a Colt standard small pin LPK if I knew where to get it .
    I don't think you understand my friend. The Colt small pin LPK can be had at SAW for $175 (the cheapest I have seen). The LMT is $152. You aren't just paying 15%-25% more, you are paying 200%-300% more for a LPK.

From my perspective, as long as the RRA LPK's continue to provide the fit and function I have experienced in the past, then I will continue to use their product. As I have so often indicated within the discussions of LPK's, there is currently no solid empirical evidence to suggest that the Colt/LMT kits provide a 200%-300% increase in reliability over the RRA. For me the cost/value ratio just doesn't justify that particular expenditure. But I certainly can appreciate why folks would be willing to go with the Colt/LMT kits.

And Warrior, thanks for the data. That's the best fit and function data I've seen provided to date. Now if I could just find some failure rate data. BTW, I am in agreement on the 2-stage RRA trigger, it is problematic at best. I personally prefer stock triggers, but then 27 years in the Army gave me that appreciation. :-)
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rmecapn View Post
    I don't think you understand my friend. The Colt small pin LPK can be had at SAW for $175 (the cheapest I have seen). The LMT is $152. You aren't just paying 15%-25% more, you are paying 200%-300% more for a LPK.

From my perspective, as long as the RRA LPK's continue to provide the fit and function I have experienced in the past, then I will continue to use their product. As I have so often indicated within the discussions of LPK's, there is currently no solid empirical evidence to suggest that the Colt/LMT kits provide a 200%-300% increase in reliability over the RRA. For me the cost/value ratio just doesn't justify that particular expenditure. But I certainly can appreciate why folks would be willing to go with the Colt/LMT kits.

And Warrior, thanks for the data. That's the best fit and function data I've seen provided to date. Now if I could just find some failure rate data. BTW, I am in agreement on the 2-stage RRA trigger, it is problematic at best. I personally prefer stock triggers, but then 27 years in the Army gave me that appreciation. :-)
    No problem man. I think if they went together fine your probobly GTG. I've only had 2 failures where lower parts actually broke in use. One was the bolt catch that popped out witha broken roll pin and bolt catch. the other was related to a lower that stress cracked down the side during a 3 gun when I dropped to prone, so it's hard to say wether or not the LPK was to blame since it was probebly the lower cracking that caused it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    great that's what I needed to know . so the Stag LPK at $65.00 is out of spec ? I was under the impression Stag/CMT made the LPK for Colt, at least that's what a vendor has told me. I will spend more to get the Colt or LMT if they are indeed better . what I was going to do is lightly polish up the contact points lube it and install it . how deep is the heat treating to harden the parts,I don't want to F them up .
    Not entirely out of spec (just some things like the selector).

CMT/Stag's are a very good value, but are not equal to LMT or Colt IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gishooter View Post
    We only sell CMT and LMT at this time. Look for us to offer some of our own LPK's in the future.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We only sell CMT and LMT at this time. Look for us to offer some of our own LPK's in the future.

C4
    Your own! that sounds great Grant. I'm sure they'll be top notch!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Your own! that sounds great Grant. I'm sure they'll be top notch!

Well, I am not sure just yet, but I think that we will be able to offer something in between Stag prices and LMT prices with quality being towards the LMT side.

I have been fed up lately with the lack of quality parts and having to pay a small fortune for the good ones.

C4

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast