Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: very best LPK

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh1 View Post
    My lauwer custom weaponry lpk fits great ,&has great machine work,tight very happy with it.($55)
    A DPMS kit, I believe, though the past reference to DPMS small parts are no longer on the website.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Well, I am not sure just yet, but I think that we will be able to offer something in between Stag prices and LMT prices with quality being towards the LMT side.

I have been fed up lately with the lack of quality parts and having to pay a small fortune for the good ones.

C4
    You and me both. Have the LMT LPKs been 100% for you so far?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    You and me both. Have the LMT LPKs been 100% for you so far?
    Yes on the LMT parts.

I will give you an example of an issue I have had with other LPK's. The flat in the selector where the rear of the trigger rides is not machined properly to allow two stage triggers to fit. LMT and Colt Selectors work perfectly.

Most people never see these things because they either only use one type of trigger group or have only used one or two LPK's. We must see 30-50 LPK's a month. In the case of the LMT LPK's we offer, we hand assemble each pack (as they do not come as one unit from LMT). So a lot of hands on and eye balling goes on with them.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thumbs up

I may have to get one of those LMT kits !!!
    JC

Feedback Score
    Yes on the LMT parts.

I will give you an example of an issue I have had with other LPK's. The flat in the selector where the rear of the trigger rides is not machined properly to allow two stage triggers to fit. LMT and Colt Selectors work perfectly.

Most people never see these things because they either only use one type of trigger group or have only used one or two LPK's. We must see 30-50 LPK's a month. In the case of the LMT LPK's we offer, we hand assemble each pack (as they do not come as one unit from LMT). So a lot of hands on and eye balling goes on with them.

C4
    Absolutely on the 2 stages. I have been running Guiselle triggers lately and per instructions it states to check for rubbing on the selector and even filing down the flats on the side to eliminate rubbing. Thankfully all my lowers have Colt LPK's except for my LMTs that came assembled. I can't say enough good things about the Guiselle triggers, expensive but absolutely worth every penny.

Feedback Score
    Just remember that a lot of small parts are not made on-site by the gun compaines. Springs, pins, and other assorted items are made by an out sourced company. Colt, BM, RRA or anyone elese maybe using some of the same parts. Sometimes it's easier to buy from another company then to make your own. (tooling cost, ect)

PGM makes a lot of these parts. http://www.pgmcorp.com/source/markets/mil.html
    Yankee Hill Machine makes parts for the firearms makers that you won't find on their web site.

Good luck on your quest.
    -David

AR-15 owner/shooter since 1998

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMMOTECH View Post
    Just remember that a lot of small parts are not made on-site by the gun compaines. Springs, pins, and other assorted items are made by an out sourced company. Colt, BM, RRA or anyone elese maybe using some of the same parts. Sometimes it's easier to buy from another company then to make your own. (tooling cost, ect)

PGM makes a lot of these parts. http://www.pgmcorp.com/source/markets/mil.html
    Yankee Hill Machine makes parts for the firearms makers that you want find on their web site.

Good luck on your quest.
    Correct. A lot of the detents, springs, etc are not made by the name brand manufacturer (Colt, LMT, RRA, BM, etc). The key parts (like selector, bolt catch, etc) are made in house by LMT (for instance).

C4

Feedback Score
    Correct. A lot of the detents, springs, etc are not made by the name brand manufacturer (Colt, LMT, RRA, BM, etc). The key parts (like selector, bolt catch, etc) are made in house by LMT (for instance).

C4
    Yes thats exactly where you can see the difference as well. LMT Has been marking theirs as well. You can just hold for example a LMT selector next to a say RRA selector and see/feel the difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
    building a new AR and useing a billet lower and want the best LPK. are the RRA LPK's any good ? no 2 stage or adjustables and prefer to have standard springs
    This is a late response on a circle topic thats always the question... what LPK to buy..

Now this is just my opinion, from my experience using colt in the field as an operator and now running my personal rifles..

RRA used to be a solely trigger company, making mil spec LPKs, if you do enough research you will find that out.. how about just call the company ...

LMT is good , RRA is good , Stag is good and so is Colt and so on... their tolerances and spec are all equal to a degree, to the avg shooter
    you wouldnt notice it until you run those parts to the same level you ran your other parts before you can accurately say something is better than another... alot of these companies play the market which is also another factor.. supply and demand keep that in mind.

I personal bought a X rifle and put thousands of rounds through that weapon system to a level of failure... see where I am going with this..

I have a RRA LPK 10xxx rounds later it runs just as good or if not better than my service colt...

just my two cents, dont get hung up on the names and prices of parts, try to research and understand them first..

FC

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I don't doubt that an RRA lpk CAN last as long as a colt, etc.; it's the extra steps companies like colt take to ensure you're getting the best.
    Last edited by lethal dose; 01-14-12 at 19:57.
    Acta Non Verba

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast