Thread: Vickers sling, observations and questions

Feedback Score

Vickers sling, observations and questions

I've put a padded VCAS on my new midlength build and have a few points that maybe the forum can address. First, the sling is LONG. I'm 5'7" and had to adjust the buckles so there is long tail coming out from the back that's almost the full length of the webbing. I removed one of the buckles so I could make it just a little shorter. I know the sling was designed to be usable while wearing armor, but even with armor, I think it would be adjusted way toward the short end.

I found that when connected to the receiver-end QD swivel on a UBR, the padded part tends to ride between my cheek and the stock. This is uncomfortable, so I resorted to running the sling through and around the storage compartment hole on the UBR. This solved my cheek weld issue and also effectively shortened the sling enough so I that get some sling tension when I shoulder up. It looks a little strange though.

Does anyone attach the rear swivel to the opposite side of their stock (i.e. right side for a right-handed shooter)? I'm wondering if this would solve the check weld problem in a more elegant way.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, it also makes transitioning to your support side shoulder a little easier and a little less prone to choking yourself out.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy275 View Post
    Yes, it also makes transitioning to your support side shoulder a little easier and a little less prone to choking yourself out.
    +1 on the above, the same way I use it.

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and moved the rear sling swivel to the other side, and am much more pleased with the results. Thanks.