Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PWS or HK mr556

Feedback Score

PWS or HK mr556

Hey guys,
    I'm torn between a PWS MK114 Mod1 or an HK MR556. I know the PWS is cheaper( by a lot) but I'm a big HK fan. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks as always

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The H&K is considered to be the best of the Piston variants, but the price difference is a quality optic and a bunch of ammo and training. I feel the PWS is the 2nd best piston offering out there and I would not hesitate to get one.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    PWS, is an American company run by some solid people, who make a very solid gun. Highly recommended.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    PWS, is an American company run by some solid people, who make a very solid gun. Highly recommended.
    Really? this is very high praise for PWS, and it's the first real positive thing I have heard on this site, and no I'm not being sarcastic.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    The HK MR556 is a fantastic rifle. Hold one and examine it carefully and the word "QUALITY" will scream at you.

However...

It is heavy.
    It is expensive.
    It has irksome takedown features.
    But ... again ... it is a great rifle.

Do you really need it? I mean, sure, it is nice to have, but ...do you actually NEED it.

Could you put the money you will save spending far less toward: optics, accessories, do-dads, ammo, and ... anything else?

You may well buy it and have buyer's remorse in a few weeks.

I know I did.

The good news is that the HK retains its value, but if you are set on buying one, at least try to get one used so you can get back what you put into it if you decide to sell it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Really? this is very high praise for PWS, and it's the first real positive thing I have heard on this site, and no I'm not being sarcastic.
    Full disclosure: I have a friend who does some t&e for them from time to time and has a dozen rifles that get abused like range-beaters at a police academy. They function amazingly, literally zero issues and they beat the crap out of them.

The company itself, if you care to research, is all American and does a lot of their work in house. So you have a very well machined AR when you get it. Their piston system is awesome.

I have no stake in the company, nor do I do anything for them in any capacity.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    +1 for PWS. HK is too expensive and too heavy.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Full disclosure: I have a friend who does some t&e for them from time to time and has a dozen rifles that get abused like range-beaters at a police academy. They function amazingly, literally zero issues and they beat the crap out of them.

The company itself, if you care to research, is all American and does a lot of their work in house. So you have a very well machined AR when you get it. Their piston system is awesome.

I have no stake in the company, nor do I do anything for them in any capacity.
    I really tried to come off as genuine as possible there with my question. You know how people can be with most things that aren't BCM and Colt on this site. I live in Idaho, and I have heard of PWS but never directly dealt with them, they manufacture about 6 hours away from where I live. I am just glad to hear some positive information about them, as like I've said it's been primarily negative on here from what I've seen. That means Idaho has two quality manufacturers, PWS and Seekins precision.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I really tried to come off as genuine as possible there with my question. You know how people can be with most things that aren't BCM and Colt on this site. I live in Idaho, and I have heard of PWS but never directly dealt with them, they manufacture about 6 hours away from where I live. I am just glad to hear some positive information about them, as like I've said it's been primarily negative on here from what I've seen. That means Idaho has two quality manufacturers, PWS and Seekins precision.
    I hear they are pretty friendly to customers, might be worth a road trip, especially if you decide to buy one direct.

I am all for supporting American gun companies and furthering our culture through our people.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't buy a MR556 but I would buy a HK416. The MR556 has been to nerfed from the factory for me to ever consider it. Things I don't like about it are the FA carrier rejection feature and mainly the heavy unlined barrel.

I don't know much about the PWS except it has a long stroke piston system that is different from most piston AR manufactures. Also that the carrier is slightly redesigned and has rails towards the back to help reduce carrier tilt associated with a piston equipped AR.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast