Thread: Colt king cobra 6" 97% original condition

Feedback Score

Colt king cobra 6" 97% original condition

I am having a personal dilemma. I have a practically new (shot 50 rounds through it) Colt King Cobra 6" stainless appraised at 97% original condition. It was given to me as a gift from my father. It has no sentimental value to it and has been sitting under the bed for years. I like to think of it as a collector gun.

Recently I have been toying with the idea of selling it to buy something I will use. I am interested in a M1A springfield which runs about 1500$.

I have had people tell me it's silly to hold onto a gun you'll never use and people who tell me I'd regret the day I sold or traded it in. I'm having a really hard time making up my mind what to do and was just looking for some opinions on what to do. Trade it? Keep it and allow it to accru value?

I just don't like shooting it. If I keep it, it's a collector piece....nothing wrong with that, but I am unsure.

What would you do?
    No, my question is not a joke. I'm just a newbie

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I would never sell or trade a gun given to me by a family member.

I have a couple guns that are old and highly collectible, but there is no price nor item I would give them up for as they are priceless to me because of who owned them and shot them.

My advice. Keep it, pass it on some day to your children.
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I would keep it.

Feedback Score
    Yep. After talking with the owner of the shop, I decided to keep it. What really made me decide,a long with all of everyone's opinions here and elsewhere, was that doubt in the back of my mind. I'm not 100% committed to letting it go, so that could only mean regret sometime down the road.....thanks for your thought guys.
    No, my question is not a joke. I'm just a newbie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marley View Post
    Yep. After talking with the owner of the shop, I decided to keep it. What really made me decide,a long with all of everyone's opinions here and elsewhere, was that doubt in the back of my mind. I'm not 100% committed to letting it go, so that could only mean regret sometime down the road.....thanks for your thought guys.
    Good decision....

Feedback Score
    Regret is the word most often used when describing the past sale of a firearm, you made a good decision hanging onto the Colt.

Feedback Score
    The Springfield M!A would be a big step down . Springfield M1a are the Delton of the M1a choices. The Colt pistol should be a keeper.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would keep it, and shoot it. If you don't reload, you may want to start so you can tailor some nice loads for it from light target rounds to some thumpers if you want. I like all of the "snake" guns from Colt, and have a Python, and Diamondback. I've always wanted a King Cobra, and should have bought one when they were still being made.

Feedback Score
    Id keep it...

I might buy one, the python is already popular, but its brother, the king cobra, is less fancy but more tough, reliable (and to me, more bad ass, even if most people would take the fancy python)