Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Removing fsc 556 compensator and replace wth?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    When someone complains about my rifle with the PWS FSC 556 on it. I put it away and break out my SCAR 17 with the PWS FSC 762 so they can feel real blast. I think all of the brakes have a lot of blast including the vaunted BattleComp. I just use a pair of foam plugs under my ear muffs, I don't complain.
    ha Ha HA! I bought a 7.62x54R Vepr w/16in bbl. That is always a good way to calm folks down who might *think* a 5.56 is offensive.

Out here in CO, there's a lot of folks who shoot hunting/target rifles with truly powerful cartridges. You want to know what a "thump" is? stand next to a guy who's sighting in his .300 win mag on an indoor range.

I've been in classes with and next to lots of brakes/comps and FH. the only thing I ever found to be truly offensive was the Y Comp; After that, I guess nothing seemed too bad.
    One guy next to me was using a BCE - definitely "annoying".

I'd give a look at the Simple Threaded Devices, um...device: http://simplethreadeddevices.com/content/description
    No personal experience, but it was purpose designed to address your concerns.

But fundamentally, rifles are loud, braked rifles are louder, and big rifles are loudest. Get good ear pro and enjoy the "breeze" when your friends shoot - it's good for flinch control!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    Plan is to suppress it. Getting the trust setup next month. Then the waiting game.

Until then it's going to be loud. This rifle is a 16" barrel.
    A Gemtech Halo and some other cans will fit on the FSC 556.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    A Gemtech Halo and some other cans will fit on the FSC 556.
    The older halos fit according to the gemtech employee I talked to a few months ago. So I have to try to find a used one.

I've thought about seeing if I can special order one.

The LGS that sells pws told me that they had issues with erosion on the halo models that were QA with the fsc.

What other suppresors fit?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    The older halos fit according to the gemtech employee I talked to a few months ago. So I have to try to find a used one.

I've thought about seeing if I can special order one.

The LGS that sells pws told me that they had issues with erosion on the halo models that were QA with the fsc.

What other suppresors fit?
    I believe the KAC NT4 and Sopmod, but check with them to make sure. I never heard of any problems with the Halo and the 556, maybe they had a bad batch. I heard an AAC and YHM can fits on it too but don't know which models.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I run the SF MB 556. It does a fantastic job of reducing muzzle rise, but the concussion is a biotch. Can't win em' all folks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345