Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on a Shotgun with Sig Brace??

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Thoughts on a Shotgun with Sig Brace??

Saw this topic on another forum and figured I'd check in here for thoughts on this subject since its a good one. Wondering if it would be feasible/legal to mount a Sig Brace to a Pistol Gripped Shotgun using a Mesa Tactical Stock adapter?
    Initially my response was no since it would require a stock adapter to make it happen, however it was pointed out that Sig mounts the brace to their 556 Pistol and it doesn't even require a buffer tube to function.

Since factory pistol gripped shotguns have no barrel length requirements you'd only need to maintain the 26" OAL correct?

So what say you on the legality of such a mod? I know the ultimate answer would need to come in official letter form but figured I'd ask in case anyone had already been down that road.
    Last edited by wahoo95; 06-21-14 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Would like to do something like this

uploadfromtaptalk1403371387813.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you trying to avoid the $200 tax stamp?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 06-21-14 at 15:17.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The shotgun would still be considered AOW with the short barrel, subject to the NFA.
    Justin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chingoton13 View Post
    The shotgun would still be considered AOW with the short barrel, subject to the NFA.
    Yes, but $5 compared to $200

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    Maybe not, if the overall length was greater than 26 inches.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After doing a little research it seems that as long as the firearm was originally made with a pistol grip and not a stock and has an oal 26" or more it does not fall under any nfa categories.

So it seems that if the company made the original pistol grip to fit the Sig brace it might be "legal".

Last edited by zombiescometh; 06-21-14 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    After doing a little research it seems that as long as the firearm was originally made with a pistol grip and not a stock and has an oal 26" or more it does not fall under any nfa categories.

That's what I'm finding which is what brought about the question. Obviously a letter to atf would provide the best clarity but wanted to get some feedback.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah unless someone who knows more comes along. A letter from the atf seems wise.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Call me crazy but what you want to do does not sound fun for the shoulder. With a .223/5.56 the recoil isn't as harsh as the 12ga shotgun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast