Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Project: Li'l Wolf Pup

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Thank you. I understand the suppressor advantage.

I may just have to take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yes, the juice is worth the squeeze. It's firm enough to be used against the shoulder without squirming or collapsing, especially when the RE runs the full length of the brace. The Wolf Pup isn't any less controllable than it would be if equipped with a rifle stock. There are compromises. It lacks easy adjustment of LOP and it's wider, heavier and more expensive than most adjustable stocks. To answer your question directly- yes, it really is that usable.

The 10.5 inch barrel trades velocity for handiness to good effect, while retaining the terminal performance of a rifle within practical self defense ranges. The 10.5 barrel will also keep over all length shorter when using a suppressor
    Last edited by RMiller; 09-03-14 at 04:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I took the Wolf Pup to the range and tested to see what kind of groups I'm getting. 5 shot groups ranged from 1.5 MOA to2.5 MOA at 200 yards using an Aimpoint H1 Micro, a shooting bag as an improvised rest on the bench and nothing under the butt.

The first group with Federal American Eagle was about 1 MOA wide and 4.5 MOA long- vertical stringing. I fired another five rounds of the same ammo and got a nice circular group of 1.5 MOA.

One load used the 69 gr Sierra Game King and it came in at 2 MOA. That included one high and one low flyer. If you discount those as vertical stringing due to shooter error, that left a nice, tight little 3 shot group at .75 MOA!

Not bad for a 10.5 inch pistol at 200 yards. I'm confident I could easily use the Wolf Pup to make solid hits out to 300 yards and I'm itching to find a range to prove it
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-21-14 at 18:51.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow.
    200 yards with an Aimpoint. I've never tried it.
    I need to get mine out on the 200 yard range now. If nothing else, just to see what the bullet drop is compared to 100 yards.
    My cheap go to target is a 4" paper dessert plate. Boring-easy at 100 yards now.
    Pizza box and bigger plates for 200yards!

The 'Pup amazes again.

Feedback Score
    I think this pistol looks great. Good job OP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks good man, I also built a 10.5 with a sig brace recently. It makes for an awesome firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    by chance, any pics of the rifle RE with the Sig brace? sorta wondering how snugly it fits and hoping to see what the tape looks like you used for fitment too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    by chance, any pics of the rifle RE with the Sig brace? sorta wondering how snugly it fits and hoping to see what the tape looks like you used for fitment too.

I can't comment on the OP's setup but I used the Kak buffer tube with a lip on it to keep the sig brace from sliding to far forward. It works very well
    Last edited by Cumminspowa; 09-25-14 at 19:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    Check out post 18 in this thread. It has photos of the rifle RE wrapped with the tape. At first, I didn't build it up enough and only did two spots, so the brace slid forward a little bit under recoil. The brace was removed, tape was added to the two original taped areas and I built up a third spot between the first two. The brace hasn't moved since.

I think the original pistol REs were made a little on the large side so no one could slide a stock on. Being made to fit tight on the pistol RE, the hole through the brace is too large for a rifle RE. It only took a few layers to make it work though

I am American

Feedback Score
    Nice rig.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While the Odin Works barrel is showing it's a good shooter, the gas port is simply too large. Pulled the gas block off the other day to take measurements. An .080" drill bit slipped easily into the gas port with just a little bit of wiggle room. An adjustable gas block is definitely needed

I am American

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast