Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Li'l Wolf Pup

Feedback Score
    Nice write up. I appreciate the humor involved as well although I think there was a bit of self deprecation. The pup looks good and I look forward to more insight on its development.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Took the Wolf Cub to a local indoor range and fired off a few rounds of 55 gr Federal ammo and the muzzle flash was bright! It filled the FOV of the Aimpoint Micro, washing out the dot and the target. All I could see was a bright yellow flash! Fellow in the lane next to me was firing a 16 inch carbine. He came to me, eyes wide and asked what caliber I was shooting. I put a round of 5.56 in his hand and he just stared at it. "But", he said confused, "yours is so much louder than mine!"

The range has full auto ARs for rent. I wonder if they'll let me run my upper on their lower?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice pistol!

I've been planning a somewhat similar build but plan to use a Vltor A5 tube and have a machinist buddy turn it down so that I can get a Sig Brace on it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
    Nice pistol!

I've been planning a somewhat similar build but plan to use a Vltor A5 tube and have a machinist buddy turn it down so that I can get a Sig Brace on it.
    Id like to see that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
    Nice pistol!

That would be nice. What is the diameter of the VLTOR A5, not counting the ridge? I'd like to see VLTOR offer A5 pistol tubes that fits the Sig brace. I'd buy one.

I shot the Wolf Pup with some 69 gr HPBT. I'd like to be able to say it's real accurate but the groups, while showing real promise, clearly show shooter induced error.

I also had the opportunity to use the Wolf upper on a full auto lower and ran a 40 round mag through it in short bursts. The upper ran without a hitch and with less muzzle dispersion than I expected (not that I'm any kind of expert shooting full auto). Of course, it helps the buffer weight and spring rate of the lower is well sorted out.

When I can shake the funds loose, I'll get an adjustable gas block and see if that's any help. I'm gonna want one to eventually run a suppressor anyway. If I'd known shooting shorties were this much fun, I'd have got one much sooner!

Speaking of which- Full auto suppressed is a beautiful thing
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-26-14 at 11:37.

I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks great Mist. Been slowly working on my pistol and finally dropped the cash on a 11.5 BCM this week (free BCG of course).

I have been toying with the Vltor A5 for a pistol and maybe when I am turning it down, leave a little protruding so that the P-Brace fits it snugly. It would have to be a remove a little, try the brace, remove a little more affair. That is expensive if I make a mistake though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A few wraps with gaffer's tape solved that problem.

The rifle RE, buffer and spring does provide softer recoil. A flat spring made for a 308 AR was then tried. Recoil was even softer and muzzle rise was noticeably less. Bolt locked back on the last shot with both springs which has me wondering just how big the gas port really is.
    I'm pretty sure putting on a receiver extension capable of accepting a buttstock and using a barrel <16" is a SBR. Might wanna pull that off of there and get a KAK RE or at the minimum, lopping off the screw lug on the end of the rifle RE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure putting on a receiver extension capable of accepting a buttstock and using a barrel <16" is a SBR. Might wanna pull that off of there and get a KAK RE or at the minimum, lopping off the screw lug on the end of the rifle RE.
    A regular RE is legal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DWood; 08-30-14 at 08:57.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    DWood is right- any RE is legal whether it can readily accept a rifle stock or not. When you buy a complete AR lower, even when it has a rifle stock, it's listed on the Form 4473 as an "OTHER" and because it can still be configured as a pistol, the purchaser must be 21

I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    DWood is right- any RE is legal whether it can readily accept a rifle stock or not. When you buy a complete AR lower, even when it has a rifle stock, it's listed on the Form 4473 as an "OTHER" and because it can still be configured as a pistol, the purchaser must be 21
    I don't disagree with you, but proceed cautiously. Just to point out the inconsistency of the ATF, our ATF head investigator told me that an AR receiver with a stock on it is a rifle, regardless of whether it has an upper on it. I know other ATF opinions have disagreed, but this is the person we have to answer to.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast