Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A serious dilemma on what next?

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=mysak;1939381]So I have two stripped lowers one mil spec and the other a light weight MAG TACTICAL.
    I've been wanting to build a Mil Specish gun and was looking at the BCM EAG upper with FSB because I want a carbine with an FSB.
    OR Build a light weight gun with BCM KMR LW Iupper
    Obuild a replica of M16A4 with ACOG and KAC RAS that I used in the corps and buy a Colt AR15A4. I know this kind of a pointless question because it is up to me but I thought I would ask I'm in a pickle. What would you guys do?

i would build the A4 .. standard hanguards and a DD rear buis.. and enjoy the heck out of it
    Last edited by peabody; 06-24-14 at 13:09.
    i started this life with nothing.....kept most of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You've got one complete rifle and you don't have your heart set on your next. So, to provide a counterpoint to what others have suggested, here's what I would do...

Build the regular lower. Attach your existing upper and run a few hundred rounds through it. As long as there are no issues, send in a Form 1 to SBR that lower. It'll take some time, but who cares? Once it comes back, slap on a BCM 11.5 carbine upper. Blam, you've got your lightweight carbine with an FSB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    OR build a replica of M16A4 with ACOG and KAC RAS that I used in the corps and buy a Colt AR15A4.
    I vote 20". I built a 20" PSA with the FN barrel and the A1 stock because it was what my brother had looked for while he was serving in the Army. He always said he liked the 20" M16 he had in Basic a lot more than the carbine he had in Iraq. I still have it and it's my favorite. I'm not sure if it's because I'm more accurate with it, the recoil impulse that's as pleasant as a .22LR, or just because it makes me feel closer to my brother that we lost 4 years ago. It's the combination of them all I guess. Everyone has carbines, 20" ARs aren't seen much anymore. Go to any LGS and you'll see lines of carbines, I haven't seen a 20" for many years. You also get the extra velocity. You already have a carbine so the 20" just seems like the next logical step to me.
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Feedback Score
    This would not even be subject if I lived in a free state were I could do NFA items but I can't. (I understand I need to move)

Quote Originally Posted by WillHines View Post
    You've got one complete rifle and you don't have your heart set on your next. So, to provide a counterpoint to what others have suggested, here's what I would do...

Build the regular lower. Attach your existing upper and run a few hundred rounds through it. As long as there are no issues, send in a Form 1 to SBR that lower. It'll take some time, but who cares? Once it comes back, slap on a BCM 11.5 carbine upper. Blam, you've got your lightweight carbine with an FSB.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    So I have two stripped lowers one mil spec and the other a light weight MAG TACTICAL.

OR build a replica of M16A4 with ACOG and KAC RAS that I used in the corps and buy a Colt AR15A4. I know this kind of a pointless question because it is up to me but I thought I would ask I'm in a pickle. What would you guys do?

As of now I only have one complete AR that is 14.5 bbl and all the goodies.
    Speaking for the M16A4 clone, it just didn't make sense with the ACOG. Great rifle, and the same rifle I used in the Corps as well on my first deployment. But to have nearly $3,000 in a rifle that was relegated to being "neat", as opposed to "practical" just didn't do it for me. While you can take a class with it, if I'm paying $500 I'm going to use a rifle that is better suited to the task. Unfortunately, I sold the rifle to a buddy a while ago after hitting tough times and now I'm building another one. This one, however, will most definitely not wear an ACOG.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 06-26-14 at 06:34.

Feedback Score
    seriously thinking about picking this Noveske upper.

Barrel
    Length- 14.5" Cold Hammer Forged 5.56mm Barrel
    Switchblock (US pat# 7,856,917), pinned to barrel
    Barrel Extension w/extended feed ramps
    1 in 7" twist rifling
    Manganese Phosphate finish
    Mid length gas system
    1/2x28 threads
    Blackout 51T Flash Suppressor Pinned OAL 16"
    Upper Receiver
    Model- Gen III precision machined receiver w/extended feed ramps
    Finish- Hardcoat type III anodizing, with Cerakote ceramic coating (Black)
    for ultimate finish and performance
    Charging Handle- Raptor ambidextrous
    Shot peened & MP tested bolt
    Auto carrier w/staked carrier key
    Handguard
    9.5” Noveske split rail w/1913 rails

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...03819211088479

Feedback Score
    You could do a lot worse.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I went with a ELW KMR 16. I liked it so much, I delayed building my SBR, and got another one.

I know there are some that are very convinced that a FSB is the way to go, but as long as you have a reliable optic on it, it is not much of a game changer in my opinion. Simply, it is a last resort.

Feedback Score
    I have heard alot of great things about the ELW KMR but I already have a gun similar with a fluted shillen barrel and a bunch of other niceties so I want something different.

Feedback Score
    I ended up ordering the Noveske upper it came with BCG and a Raptor charging handle and LPK from G&R with a BCM Buffer kit. So that leaves the "Mil-Spec" lower I dont know how far out it will be but I am thinking since both of my rifles right now are carbines how about doing like a SPR MK12. What are peoples thoughts on building one and personal experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast