Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A serious dilemma on what next?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    a2 replica!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FAR too many people building guns without any idea of what role that gun is to fill. If you know what the gun is for, the answer to the type of question like the OP asks should be immediately obvious. Seriously, how is anyone going to tell you to build an 20" w/ ACOG or a lightweight? You might actually need a lightweight 10" gun, or you just want a 1:1 clone just to be a poser. You might really shoot that 18" SPR out to 700y, or you don't actually know how to get first round hits that far with any platform. An <insert brand name here> might make you seem really cool on the internet, but that guy with a DPMS who is fit and takes formal training will run circles around you.

Don't just build guns to have them, that makes you a purchaser and not a shooter. Far too many purchasers around.... imo.

The only AR I'd outright shit on is a 7.5" 556, other than that... Everything can fill a role, identify it and then fill it, move along.

LOL at title, "serious dilemma".

Feedback Score
    LOL^^^
    I'll have to remember to remove obese poser from my bio forgot I left that in there. I agree with you on the shoot/purchaser part but unfortunately if we did not have just purchasers the whole industry would face plant.

But on track I still have one more build and just wanted to know if there was anything out there that someone thought was a must have. I would like a longer range AR so I thought MK12/SAMR.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    FAR too many people building guns without any idea of what role that gun is to fill. If you know what the gun is for, the answer to the type of question like the OP asks should be immediately obvious. Seriously, how is anyone going to tell you to build an 20" w/ ACOG or a lightweight? You might actually need a lightweight 10" gun, or you just want a 1:1 clone just to be a poser. You might really shoot that 18" SPR out to 700y, or you don't actually know how to get first round hits that far with any platform. An <insert brand name here> might make you seem really cool on the internet, but that guy with a DPMS who is fit and takes formal training will run circles around you.

Don't just build guns to have them, that makes you a purchaser and not a shooter. Far too many purchasers around.... imo.

The only AR I'd outright shit on is a 7.5" 556, other than that... Everything can fill a role, identify it and then fill it, move along.

LOL at title, "serious dilemma".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123