Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got my lower. On the hunt for a parts kit.

Feedback Score

Cool build rather than buy

i have built a few AR type weapons. to me the AR lower is a super simple thing to build. so simple i don't know why anybody wouldn't want to assemble theirs on their on.

i have been getting the CMMG parts LPK's and the double star LPK. they seem to fit my current double-star lowers with no problems at all.

i have heard that some of the DPMS LPK kits may have some issues like the pins might fit too tight. BUT i haven't seen this for myself and wouldn't hesitate to buy a DPMS lpk.

you have to look at AR building like this when you see a statement like that on the net.

there are a lot of young men attempting to build these rifles from kits that they saw on the internet. their mechanical ability and experience may lead them to make mistakes. like assembling things that haven't been checked for proper fit
    and so on. some one that is mechanically inclined won't have a problem.

as far as the colt lpk--i wouldn't bother.

one of the things about the AR is it is easy to work with-- it being modular a barrel/cal conversion is a piece of cake. that is why it is so popular with us Ex armed forces types.

we trained on repairing these things in the field and carried some spare parts with us-- i built one in the field from spare parts with none of the proper tools. the darned thing worked fine--

build your rifle--it is worth a little sweat to know exactly how the thing is assembled.

Feedback Score
    I've used about a dozen of WOAs' parts kit. They seem to be top notch. Never had a problem with any aspect of them.

Feedback Score
    That's what I was hoping to hear!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I think I read somewhere

That Noveske uses CMT/Stag LPKs, if it is good enough to go in a TOL rifle like that then if is buy far good enough for me, M2C
    none

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12