Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sling question?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Paracord is good, but you loose the quick-detach feature--unless there is some way that I haven't thought of. Markm, do you leave the sling on the rifle permanently?

Feedback Score
    just took the dremel to the hk clips .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I agree. Guys like to spend money on hardware though.
    If toilet paper was an AR accessory, you couldn't wipe your ass for less than $50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    Paracord is good, but you loose the quick-detach feature--unless there is some way that I haven't thought of. Markm, do you leave the sling on the rifle permanently?
    The great thing about paracord is, it's easy to replace. I do pretty much leave my sling on permanently, but if I need it off, whick, snip, slash! And you can make another paracord loop in about a minute (if you are being careful to burn the ends).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Again View Post
    The great thing about paracord is, it's easy to replace. I do pretty much leave my sling on permanently, but if I need it off, whick, snip, slash! And you can make another paracord loop in about a minute (if you are being careful to burn the ends).
    I bought a pair of clips from a hardware store, and run paracord to each end of the clips, and it gives me the QD option with the reliability of paracord...

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Just curious... Why do you need a sling to be QD? I understand the need to occasionally remove it but does it really matter if it takes 3 seconds or 3 minutes to remove?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    MS3 w/ the clips might better serve you

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    HK snap hooks are known to be failure prone.
    Really? Seems strange since this system has been around for like 40 years.

Feedback Score
    twice the hk clips have put my rifle on the ground so i would say yeah they are prone to failure , unless i am using them wrong .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you like para cord on your slings, give WOTG sling a look. From site ------The Proctor Sling comes with everything needed to attach it to a wide variety of guns. The Proctor Sling attaches to the rifle using the supplied 550 cord loops. The Proctor Sling can also be attached using any sling loop or Q.D. mount, however it is recommended to use the supplied 550 cord loops as they allow the sling to be mounted with minimal bulk and excess weight. The front 550 cord attaching loop cinches around the rifle forearm with no bulk or pivot points added to rifle. This is critical when shooting the rifle from the side gun position from behind cover that you may be using for stability. The Proctor Sling is fully adjustable and excess webbing stores on itself, so there is no need to tape up excess webbing. The Proctor Sling has proven to be effective, durable and strong. Available in Black, Marpat Brown and Multi-Cam. http://www.wayofthegun.us/store/ vid on site. Franks a hell of an instructor, would also recommend one of his classes.
    Last edited by lunchbox; 06-29-14 at 22:27.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast