Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shield sans TS - first range visit. Result: 1 Failure to eject - UPDATE

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWCRaiden View Post
    Did you clean the gun and oil it before the range visit? And one FTE in a brand new gun is really nothing to complain about. Break in period and all. If it continues to be a problem, then I'd be worried.
    fourth paragraph in the op. cleaned and lubed with slip2000.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    This thread is silly. You don't have to use the safety on the pistol just because its there. I ignore the safety on my FN FNS as an example.
    Did you actually read the thread?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by websniper View Post
    Did you actually read the thread?
    Your whole reason in going with this model without the safety in the first place is silly. You could have just used the first version. I could careless about the malf you had. Malfs happen.

Feedback Score
    Malfs happen.
    Nice relevant input. Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your whole reason in going with this model without the safety in the first place is silly. You could have just used the first version. I could careless about the malf you had. Malfs happen.
    you could careless ? i think its supposd to be " I couldn't care less".

your complete lack of input relative to the point of the thread leads me to believe you are either trolling or in some way intoxicated. why dont you go poop in the regular shield thread so at least you ramlbings might have somethng to do with the subject matter.

Feedback Score
    Update:

The gun hates WWB. I'm not shocked. The interwebs is full of comments regarding it's cleanliness (or lack thereof) and reliability (undersized case rims etc). Again, my experience with it has been good (other than being dirty)..... Until now. 65 rounds of WWB and it failed to eject maybe 3-4 times total with both magazines. Apparently I won't be able to use it as range ammo for this gun. Mildly annoying since it is the most readily available ammo to me (locall), but I'll just feed it to my other 9's that digest it without issue.

However, this brings be to my next observation. The gun was not ejecting the empties consistently with several different loads. I fired all rounds very deliberately with the so-called "death grip". I typically don't grip the pistol that hard, but I figured I would try what some suggested (IE: I'm not gripping the pistol hard enough). Anyway, it would occasionally pop empties just over my head straight back, and more frequently would have a round kinda trickle/eject over the gun and land to the left of the gun (magazine release side). It did that with the WWB AND Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P Short Barrel. The only ammo it ejected consistently was CCI Blazer Brass 115's. Blazer Brass 124's were kinda in between. I'm thinking this gun doesn't like heavier than 115 loads which to me is a disappointment. All of my preferred SD loads are heaver than 115.

65 rounds WWB 3-4 failures to eject (1 kinda-maybe fail to extract).
    50 rounds Blazer Brass 115 - functioned normally
    50 rounds Blazer Brass 124 - inconsistent ejection pattern
    25 rounds Speer GD 124+P SB - inconsistent ejection pattern

I think I may call S&W on Monday. Suck. IMO, the gun should function well with all common weights of SD and range ammo. I can understand a gun that doesn't like a load here or there, but it seems way more finicky than I would have hoped for.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Definitely give them a call, extractor tension might be a bit off, or any number of other things causing the inconsistent ejection, and why it chokes on the WWB, sounds like it should be easy to fix for them.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Clean it, oil it, and take it out again. It needs a bit of heavy break-in before being totally condemned. I won't carry any gun that hasn't had at least 500 rounds of the ammo I intend to carry fired through it. Not all combinations are compatible in a new gun.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
    Clean it, oil it, and take it out again. It needs a bit of heavy break-in before being totally condemned. I won't carry any gun that hasn't had at least 500 rounds of the ammo I intend to carry fired through it. Not all combinations are compatible in a new gun.
    I wish a could afford to go out and buy 500 rounds of my desired carry round. Hell, I wish I found find 500 rounds of that ammo for sale in one place!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by websniper View Post
    I wish a could afford to go out and buy 500 rounds of my desired carry round. Hell, I wish I found find 500 rounds of that ammo for sale in one place!
    I'd call them, I've got 115gr loads that are near wwb power and don't have any issue with them.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast