Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New WWII film, Fury . . .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    There's no movie I can't wait for...

Movie theaters once had ushers with flashlights.

If they caught you talking during the movie, they'd shine the light on you and you might be given a warning, but once warned they was no second chance. You'd be given the light shine treatment and next thing you'd be on the sidewalk.

Bring back ushers!

(yeah, I know, it'll never happen. The cell phone jerks and general talkers rule)

Netflix with Blue Ray DVDs on my big flat screen with a high quality sound system is the only way to go.

Want a sandwich?

Hit the pause button.

Can't do that at the theater.

The hell with GOING to the movies.

I agree--bring back ushers.

Trouble is, the thugs that attend movies nowadays will just beat the crap out of them.

We've discovered that the only two solutions are to see afternoon matinees so the wild ones aren't out yet, OR, to stick to R-rated movies that the damn teens can't get in to see.

I think we've only seen one movie disrupted by idiots since adopting this policy (and we don't go to slasher horror flicks).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I agree--bring back ushers.

Trouble is, the thugs that attend movies nowadays will just beat the crap out of them.

We've discovered that the only two solutions are to see afternoon matinees so the wild ones aren't out yet, OR, to stick to R-rated movies that the damn teens can't get in to see.

I think we've only seen one movie disrupted by idiots since adopting this policy (and we don't go to slasher horror flicks).
    The reasons I still go to the theater are to see a sci-fi movie on the huge screen, and enjoy something with a group. When I'm in the States or Europe I go to the movies at least once a month and can't remember the last bad experience I had.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Location, location, location . . . if you have thugs interrupting your movie experience then it's time to move out of or the hell away from the hood.

The wife and have good movie experiences in our AO.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Location, location, location . . . if you have thugs interrupting your movie experience then it's time to move out of or the hell away from the hood.

The wife and have good movie experiences in our AO.
    Same here. You have to be selective in where you watch your movies.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Very true!

For the few times that the wife and I actually go to a theater to see a movie...we do choose carefully and there are only about 2-3 theaters in the Houston area where we will even think about going. The other theaters range from run down and nasty to ones where your car will get broken in to.

Stick to the parts of town that are...well..less diverse. Sorry...but that is where you will have a better movie-going experience.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Well, when you live in a town with only one or two theaters....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Well, when you live in a town with only one or two theaters....
    If that is the case, then yeah they both probably suck. Make an investment in a home projector That's what I did, but I still have to go watch certain movies at the theater. I am lucky though that I have options.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    The actors and director visited Benning...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    'Fury' is an up gunned version of the M4. The others are earlier M4s. Running gear and other details I wasn't looking for or even could discern. They do a good job of talking about the different rounds they have to shoot.

The inside of the tank seemed almost 'big' to me. I've never been in one, I didn't realize that it was all open, I thought there was a partition between the driver and the turret. On a modern M1, can you get from the drivers seat to the turret area?

I thought the recoil and report of the main gun was understated? I thought it would have been more 'loud'.

I thought the Firefly's gun was good on Tiger tanks at a pretty good range?
    There was a documentary on the history channel I think about making marine tankers and when they were on the firing line they had cameras in the tanks and it seemed louder and with more shockwave from the other tanks firing than the one they were in. Guy would load and yell " UP " and the other tanks next to them would fire and you could see the shock wave hit his uniform inside the tank, it was really cool to stuff like that. It was filmed in 2001 because they had a part where they stopped training to tell the troops about 9/11

S.M.
    "I'd rather have a Bloody Mary made from the bandage drippings of a dozen Ebola victims than watch BattleField Earth again."

SeriousStudent

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman99and9 View Post
    There was a documentary on the history channel I think about making marine tankers and when they were on the firing line they had cameras in the tanks and it seemed louder and with more shockwave from the other tanks firing than the one they were in. Guy would load and yell " UP " and the other tanks next to them would fire and you could see the shock wave hit his uniform inside the tank, it was really cool to stuff like that. It was filmed in 2001 because they had a part where they stopped training to tell the troops about 9/11 S.M.
    There was a bit of a change in training in the Army, I'm not so sure about the Marine Corps.
    We used to train with hatches open in the turret to help with safety in case of a turret fire.
    The blast from the cannon is amazing,(imagine a 40ft fireball that will burn the sand on the front slope of the hull to a fine powder) the shock wave will actually push your body and drive a bit of air from your lungs.
    You might find that hatches are closed now and there is a lot more light discipline inside the Tank due to some very hard lessons learned in Iraq.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast