Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 blackout bolt gun

Feedback Score

300 blackout bolt gun

finally making some progress. it's been 15+ month wait from hell since the form 4 was sent off. finally got the gun today. it's not finished. still needs a rail. lefthanded, of course. rem700 doner action in a XLR chassis in desperate need of cleaning. pretty cool titanium monocore baffle. sure hope it's accurate after all this time...

this is the scope i'm putting on it, so i will finally get to review that thing and see if it was a totally stupid idea.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...tupid-idea-but

btw, at some point during the wait i realized 300blk on a bolt gun doesn't make much sense. i wanted something super quiet and accurate. but i think i could get that with an AR and have better ergos and 30 rnd mags. so if i had it to do over again, i'd probably do something different. but anyways, there it is...
    Last edited by taliv; 06-27-14 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    btw, at some point during the wait i realized 300blk on a bolt gun doesn't make much sense. i wanted something super quiet and accurate. but i think i could get that with an AR and have better ergos and 30 rnd mags. so if i had it to do over again, i'd probably do something different. but anyways, there it is...
    I don't think it doesn't make sense. It will be even more quiet, especially to the shooter because of the lack of the action opening up until after the shot has fired and cleared the barrel. You won't have any blow back or gas in the face. It will probably make a great night hunting gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cool looking rifle. As far as practical, depends on what you plan to do with it. I'm planning on getting Handi 300blk (single shot break action) because have Octane supp. pending and don't want 300 AR platform now (maybe later when have time to reload). Be sure and post range report.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If quiet is your goal I don't see anything much quieter than a 300 BLK bolt gun.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    It doesn't make a ton of sense, at least as a heavy target gun. I was thinking the Rem 7 chassis that AAC put out would be a great walking whitetail gun...

That being said, I think my 300 BLK is pretty cool and it's a great range toy. And darr is right - bolt guns are quiet. My BLK bolt gun is much much quieter than my BLK AR-15. Plus it was a really fun project. I built it off a 223 Rem 700 - my first barrel install on a bolt gun, first time fitting a DBM, lots of good gunsmithing learning wrapped up into one project.

ETA: Cool build, man. Also, if NV was legal for pest/predator control in my state, I'd own some. Popping coyotes overnight would be a blast.
    Last edited by Polymerhead; 06-29-14 at 20:29.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My regret with the 300BO is going from the AR platform to the bolt-just didn't work out for me.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score

made a custom tactical gel applicator to get rid of that first round pop.
    syringe from wally world
    1/4" OD tube from lowes, cut to length so the end is right at the blast baffle
    and taped a toothpick to the end to keep it straight so it's easier to push through the baffles.
    thinking about using a cut off carbon fiber arrow instead. we'll see how it works

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been thinking of building a 300 bo in a bolt action platform after this thread I may rethink it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Necro post,

This was the first post that I found related to the 300Blk in a bolt gun it is a bit older, but I am bringing it up to review again.

I am interested in getting a 300 blk bolt gun for deer on a small acreage farm, the longest shot I could do would be around 200 yards. eventually suppressed.

The Remington 700 SPS 300 Blackout 16.5 inch seems to fit the bill and it would not be bad rifle to get the kids shooting on eventually. Does anyone have any recent use of a shorty bolt 300 blk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast