Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How has Magpul Dynamics's "Art of the Tactical Carbine" stood the test of time?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Perhaps you missed my point?
    Pay attention and you'll notice no one here is afraid to call it as they see it - how you do it is what makes the difference.
    That's all.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by no1ryno View Post
    Absolutely, this truth may be hard for some to swallow but I'm doing people that don't know any better a favor by just being blatantly honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perhaps you would care to develop your critique more fully. What's so gay about the Magpul Art of the Carbine course, in particular? Do you object to the stances used? The techniques? Are the instructors just too pretty? If you hate the videos, that's fine, but just slamming them as gay won't win too many friends here.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I didn't notice any thing "gay" about the videos. As someone who'd taken several classes prior to seeing them, I surprisingly found them to be grounded and generally in the mainstream of fighting carbine training norms.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think it was three things.

What ever happened to Drake?
    Drake is still a fixture at Magpul. I can see his beard in the next office, through a wall. It's that grand.

IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    That pretty much put the matter to bed.

Thanks for your perspective Steve.

Welcome Jack, see yah in vegas
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    I look at the original vids from the standpoint that they greatly helped to drive interest and progressed the current training market from both the consumer and the provider points of things. It helped to drive the interest in training and many a trainer and company has benefited greatly because of this popularity of the AR/M4 and firearms training in general in which Magpul, Costa and Haley greatly helped to drive. The vids provided a platform from which to create a conversation on the topic, either positive or negative, yet no matter anyone's own personal belief, the conversation that it started, either good or not as good, got people talking and wanting to train. It also drove the aftermarket or manufacturer market also. I remember a conversation with one of those fellas getting ready to head off and relocate to join Magpul. I remember saying, "Mag who"? Man that was some time ago and we have come a long way. Keep on doing it fellas.

As far as techniques go, of course everyone has an opinion. Even when I first saw the vids and each subsequent video, I had my own WTF was that shit moments. But as has been explained earlier, training is all about progression. If you find yourself still doing the exact same things you did even a couple / three years ago, you might want to do a no BS self evaluation. I used to tease certain guys that the reason for they came up with the mag flip, was to get those darn early pmags to come free from the weapon. I wasn't buying that chamber check crap.

I missed last years Vegas trip due to schedule but I hope to run into a few of you guys at this coming years show.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rapomstage3 View Post
    I just have to chime in and say those Magpul videos changed my whole world and I give them all the credit for that. It may not be 100% relative now, but I still own all their videos and still watch them now and then. I typically just watch them while I'm reloading in my basement. But in all seriousness it made me take my AR shooting way more serious and to another level that I never had been at before.
    this...and yes, quite a bit of evolution has taken place since then. But most of it is still relevant.

ETA: just like anything else in life...eat the meat, and spit out the bones.
    Last edited by ROGOPGEAR; 09-05-14 at 22:23.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789