Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How has Magpul Dynamics's "Art of the Tactical Carbine" stood the test of time?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I took a course where the second instructor would stand behind the line holding up a number of fingers at the conclusion of a course of fire.
    There is no denying the importance of situational awareness, so this is a great tool in the set and should be easy to apply. I'm totally stealing it. Usually I will shoot with a friend or two for accountability's sake. So this can easily fit into any training scenario whether it involves moving from behind cover, or to another position, etc. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In 2008, it was ahead of its time for sure. Things have changed in the few short years since then. Just look at their gear setup!

Now it still has some use, but take it in context of when it was released.

It'll be a classic in 2 or 3 decades when people have discussions like "back in my day, we watched DVDs of Chris Costa and Travis Haley to learn how to shoot, we didn't have this virtual reality holodeck mumbo jumbo!" "Travis who?? You need medicine grandpa!"
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gunsite popularized training for non-LEO/military shooters. MagPul popularized AR-centric training for the masses
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    In 2008, it was ahead of its time for sure. Things have changed in the few short years since then. Just look at their gear setup!

Now it still has some use, but take it in context of when it was released.

It'll be a classic in 2 or 3 decades when people have discussions like "back in my day, we watched DVDs of Chris Costa and Travis Haley to learn how to shoot, we didn't have this virtual reality holodeck mumbo jumbo!" "Travis who?? You need medicine grandpa!"
    One day they might look as silly as these geezers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Gunsite popularized training for non-LEO/military shooters. MagPul popularized AR-centric training for the masses
    Speaking of synchronicity . . . or serendipity, or something like that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Magpul's training videos became a big deal because they brought a couple of things that hadn't been seen in firearms training before on any kind of scale...."personality" and "production value".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Again View Post
    One day they might look as silly as these geezers?

I really hope that camera is on an auto timer. For all we know those guns are probably loaded as well.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    Checking the chamber, is one thing, doing the physical motion of appearing to be checking the chamber in a quarter of a second while making it look fancy b/c you're dropping your mag, is another thing entirely. I guess my take away from it all, is that, many shooters/students take certain things quite literally and then walk away focusing on the wrong things. It's like the coworker that is gay. There is gay and then there is over the top, flamboyantly, dude you're trying too hard gay.... Not saying this is a majority, just from a certain few that like to parade around their wife on Youtube...
    Lol, I feel you there!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Preview: http://youtu.be/eYrtDeZNvJw
    Scroll down to the video in the store and click the download link.
    http://www.wayofthegun.us/store/
    A deleted scene for those interested in the new Frank Proctor Performance Carbine production:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwKGSthhQc

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    FWIW, the new Proctor video is excellent.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast