Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAG Gladiator chest rig?

Feedback Score

TAG Gladiator chest rig?

I see a lot of threads about Eagle/SKD chest rigs but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with TAG chest rigs. Specifically the Gladiator?
    It looks to be well made and I llike the fact that it has an integrated hydration pouch. Comments/Opinions are much appreciated!

Regards,

TW
    "WORTHY OF TRUST AND CONFIDENCE"

Feedback Score
    I have the SO Tech Falcon, the rig TAG copied into the Gladiator.

Falcon is less money ($185), release buckles for the straps are on both sides instead of just the right.

Nice rig. If you're a small guy, I'd look at a different option. I'm 6'1/210 and I have it as small as it can go. I use it over concealable armor instead of tactical armor where it probably shines better.

Mag pouch slots are roomy and easy to reinsert the mags. I had to take some time to readjust the shock cord tighter to provide a bit more retention to my mags, but that's a non-issue. The hydration pouch was large enough to take my 3L Camelbak Thermobak with the carrier attached. I like it over all.

There are many that will avoid TAG due to business dealings and values. Some of the boards have information regarding John Willis of SOE (Now OSOE) and his former employee, now owner of TAG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wont buy SHIT from TAG- especially because of their "business dealings". I have also met the owner of TAG a number of times in the past and have watched him contradict himself over the years. Pathetic.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I wont buy SHIT from TAG- especially because of their "business dealings". I have also met the owner of TAG a number of times in the past and have watched him contradict himself over the years. Pathetic.
    Really? I have had their releasable armor carrier for a year or so now and have been very happy with it. I wanted a land CIRAS but it would not have been available for months so I got the TAG on a recomendation that it was just as good. I've though it was great kit so far, no complaints. however I got it from SKD I think, I've never ordered directly from TAG.

Feedback Score
    There hasn't been any complaints as to quality, just business issues.

Feedback Score
    LA Police Gear is sellling the Gladiator for $161. That's what sparked my interest because I hadn't seen it anywhere else for less than $200.

As far as the "business dealings", I hadn't heard anything about that! Could you expound? I need to know where my money is going before I make a decision!

Regards,

T.W.
    "WORTHY OF TRUST AND CONFIDENCE"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Citpitch02 View Post
    LA Police Gear is sellling the Gladiator for $161. That's what sparked my interest because I hadn't seen it anywhere else for less than $200.

As far as the "business dealings", I hadn't heard anything about that! Could you expound? I need to know where my money is going before I make a decision!

Regards,

T.W.
    I second that

Feedback Score
    http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/t...773#2511033773

http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/t...1/m/3931025843

These are all I'm going to post, although there is other additional information like this out there for the seeking. I prefer my money goes to different companies than TAG from what I've learned. You may do as you wish.

This is where I got mine from. They were $185 just a short while ago.
    http://www.practicaltactical.net/pro...con-MkI/Detail

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Question

Not having a "Groupee" account I am unable to view the posted hot links. any other hot links regarding TAG?

Feedback Score
    Brief copy/paste of some of the responses for a summary of one of the threads I listed for those who aren't signed up for that board:

From John Willis of OSOE:

Posted October 27, 2007 12:20 AM Hide Post
    The ownner chris osman was confidential informant #1 on my case. #2 Rick Reardon was an employee at my shop. He stole a bunch of patterns and materials from my shop and partnered up with osman. They fell apart and Reardon started SSD. He partenerd up with Mike Mcmillan who is now CSM gear. Mcmillan came in to my shop and had some items custom made under the guise of making a run for the marine corp. I found out later he cut them apart and patterned them and makes them in his product line.

Osman partnered up with Mike bornfriend and my x wife (BDS, R&S tactical, militarygear.org, tacticalgear.net, etc, etc) (as noted here)

stay away from bds

BDS made tags gear for a while then they parted way and bds had labels left over and cotinued to make tag gear and sell it on there own.

Thank You
    John Willis
    www.SOEtacticalGEAR.com
    jwillis10@san.rr.com

Posted October 27, 2007 12:28 AM Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by feetpiece:

On the posative side I love how each mag has it's own elastic keeper. It keeps them from rattling around.
    Its rock solid and I'd like to try their 4X drop leg shingle eventually.

We make the same thing. As you see its also on the bds site. I designed those items befor either company offered them and befors tag existed. Ours do not have a divider for the mags as they are not necesary in ours and the mags dont rattle at all. Several guys on the board have them and will probably chime in. We dont make them much any more. There isnt much advantage over running individual mags and the draw back is they are rigid and feel like a brick. We dont even offer n 8 mag version as it wont fit most guys.

Thank You
    John Willis
    www.SOEtacticalGEAR.com
    jwillis10@san.rr.com

Im prety sure tag copied that sub-load from bds who has my stolen patterns. Osman often says "why inovate when you can recreate"

From James Yeager:
    Funny....

It appears as if Chris has contacted one or more people on this thread to tell them "the rest of the story".

I think it is funny because he didn't call me.

I know the story.

These are just some of the replies on that particular thread. I tried to do some searches on Lightfighter where I also saw some negative discussions, but searching the word TAG on the internet brought 185 pages of people tagging threads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast