Thread: What DBAL A2 do I have?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

What DBAL A2 do I have?

I just picked this up from a buddy as a gift. I noticed it's a little different than most of the ones I've seen before. For starters the master switch is more low profile without a "bowl" for the button to be recessed into. Also, mine lacks the screw hole for the blue safety screw to be placed after it's removed from the device. Does anyone know if this is an older/newer model or something?

Mine:

Pics I've seen of others:

Last edited by F-Trooper05; 07-06-14 at 18:06.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    Wish I know someone who will give or sell me a class 3b ir.... Does he have an extra one he is willing to part with????

It's an older model, most likely from the pre-2006 era with a 30 mW IR and an ARMS mount. Typically there is a sticker with the serial number and manufacture date at the underside. It's similar to this one. There is no safety screw storage, either.
    http://ronintactical.blog.com/2013/0...ators-dbal-a2/
    There is a version with the screw storage at the underside. Current version has it on the top.

LDI updated their design over the years. Yours is likely a PEQ-15A. LDI makes 2 configurations of A2 these days. Good score and enjoy it. Just be cautious with high power IR.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's it. Definitely has an ARMS mount. Have already ordered a LaRue to replace it with. Thnaks man!
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    You might not want to run the light in front of your laser like that, using your illuminator can result in reflection of IR laser back into your eye and blindness.

Try running it on the 3:00 rail instead or move your light.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah, it's going on a MK18. I just threw it on something I had laying around to not lose it.
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Gotcha. Just trying to.help.