Thread: Night time setup HELP!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Night time setup HELP!

So I'm screwing around with a NODs gun for the first time. I have a DBAL A2 and a Surefire Millennium light that I'm trying to work in conjunction with one another, but I can't find a great way to mount them to a low profile setup. All I have right now is the DBAL at 12 O'Clock with an ARMS mount (soon to be replaced my a LaRue mount) and the Surefire at 3 o'clock with the standard Surefire mount they use. I'd like to suck up the Surefire a little closer to 2 O'Clock to make it a little more low profile, but the only thing I can seem to find is this from IWC which I think will make the light too high and it won't clear the DBAL.

[url]http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/radial-millennium-scout-light-mount-n-slot/
    I called IWC hoping they could guide me in the right direction, but I haven't heard back from them. Does anyone have any suggestions? I like to keep my lights on the right side of the gun FWIW. I have ape thumps and can reach the controls even without tape switches. ]]

"Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think your light is too big for what you're trying to do. A scout w/ a km2 head/IWC thorntail mount would work. You could try the Unity Tactial Fusion mount as well: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...09#post1419009.

Edit: Doesn't that DBAL model have an IR illuminator? You wouldn't even need a light w/ a larger IR head, or is it a backup?
    Last edited by JC0352; 07-09-14 at 09:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm using it as backup, but I think you're right about it being too big.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    I'm using it as backup, but I think you're right about it being too big.
    With a Google image search, I've seen quite a few carbines with a DBAL and M600 or M620 Scout lights with KM2 heads tucked under the laser in a 1-2 o'clock position, utilizing an IWC thorntail mount.