Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Remington finally settles class action on Walker trigger problems

Settlement Reached in Suit Over Remington Rifles
    ST. LOUIS — Jul 8, 2014, 3:26 PM ET
    By JIM SALTER Associated Press

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/s...ifles-24472466

"Remington has sold more than 5 million of the rifles since 1948. The lawsuit claimed that Model 700 rifles "are subject to unexpected firing without a trigger pull."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is why we can't have nice triggers from the factory
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So nearly every Remington ever made is under recall for triggers that fire themselves. Great.

Glad I don't buy Remingtons. Wonder if this will cripple the company.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I know people will argue the point, but it seems to me as of lately, Remington puts a product out with the known intent of the end user to replace the trigger, barrel and stock. That in addition to having the action trued. They may be better served to open up the sale of actions alone. There's also the mindset of the end user being happy with the rifle as is since they may not know any difference in regard to skill and or quality.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Remington triggers are not the evil the lawyers want us to believe they are. Adjust them correctly and clean out the crud now and again and they will give you years of safe service
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    We know that sometimes clean, unmodified Remington triggers fire themselves. Some are still in denial about this but they are being silly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    So nearly every Remington ever made is under recall for triggers that fire themselves. Great.

Glad I don't buy Remingtons. Wonder if this will cripple the company.
    Nope. They make a fine rifle who's platform is copied by many others.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DOA View Post
    Nope. They make a fine rifle who's platform is copied by many others.
    They braze together a rifle that mostly works and most importantly is built to a price point.

A defiance, surgeon or stiller action is similar to a Remington but better in every way.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    They braze together a rifle that mostly works and most importantly is built to a price point.

A defiance, surgeon or stiller action is similar to a Remington but better in every way.
    I think I'd take a Howa or a Weatherby Vanguard over a Remington, if I wanted a price-point 700-pattern action, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It ain't a matter of what I want or don't want to believe, it's what I have seen for myself. I've not seen as many triggers as the military has but I've played around with a few over the years.

Did the problem triggers continue to discharge by themselves after being correctly readjusted? Regardless of how sear engagement and back lash was set? I have Remington triggers I adjusted to my own satisfaction that I cannot get to discharge when releasing the safety, even after pulling the trigger first. They will not discharge when slamming the butt hard on the ground or when working the bolt hard, even after decades of use
    Most of these triggers are non-adjustable. It was only with the X-Mark Pro that Remington moved into an adjustable trigger. In fact, the X-Mark Pro trigger was originally introduced in their target and varmint rifles before replacing the X-Mark trigger in the standard sporting-weight hunting rifles.

And I, too, have seen a Remington go click - the rifle was unloaded - when the bolt was closed, without any pressure applied to the trigger. I couldn't tell you which trigger was in the gun, though, and whether or not it had been tinkered with. I have had friends experience the same with stock 700s - including when the weapon was loaded.

The worrisome thing to me is that Remington and their diehard fans don't seem to learn: Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me....
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    If you send back the recalled trigger only, they will return an inspected trigger assembly to you. It took about a month or so. I installed a Timney trigger before sending in the recalled assembly. I would never go back to the stock trigger.

They return the inspected trigger assembly UPS "adult signature required".
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt, May 13, 1903