Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington finally settles class action on Walker trigger problems

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    We know that sometimes clean, unmodified Remington triggers fire themselves. Some are still in denial about this but they are being silly.
    You have proof of this?
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-23-14 at 12:52.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You have proof of this?
    I have personally witnessed rifles (that had not had triggers adjusted after leaving the factory) discharge rounds when bolts were closed or when safeties were moved to the "fire" position. I would say I have observed the issue personally about 10-12 times in the last 10 years. 2 incidents, on 2 different 700 LTRs, fired rounds when the safeties were disengaged. Both were free of debris and had only been about 2-3 months old at the time.

This problem with the Walker Trigger is well known throughout the LE/MIL community. I didn't post here to prove this to you, as you will believe what you want to believe. I am just relaying information based on years of personal experience with the Walker Trigger.
    Last edited by ROTAM; 07-23-14 at 18:24.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It ain't a matter of what I want or don't want to believe, it's what I have seen for myself. I've not seen as many triggers as the military has but I've played around with a few over the years.

Did the problem triggers continue to discharge by themselves after being correctly readjusted? Regardless of how sear engagement and back lash was set? I have Remington triggers I adjusted to my own satisfaction that I cannot get to discharge when releasing the safety, even after pulling the trigger first. They will not discharge when slamming the butt hard on the ground or when working the bolt hard, even after decades of use
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-24-14 at 22:47.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The walker trigger is: 40X trigger or X Mark Pro?

EDIT: located the following, therefore the X-Mark Pro is free of the Walker trigger connector:

In a statement to CNBC,Remington says the 700 “has been free of defects since it was first produced.” But in 2007, Remington introduced a new firing mechanism for the 700 that includes the feature Mike Walker had proposed nearly 60 years earlier. The new trigger system, marketed as the “X-Mark Pro,” also eliminates Walker’s trigger connector. A source close to Remington tells CNBC the connector was removed because it had become the focus of so many lawsuits.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39743024#.
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 07-25-14 at 11:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    REMOVED
    Last edited by ROTAM; 07-28-14 at 01:28.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    They braze together a rifle that mostly works and most importantly is built to a price point.

A defiance, surgeon or stiller action is similar to a Remington but better in every way.
    I think I'd take a Howa or a Weatherby Vanguard over a Remington, if I wanted a price-point 700-pattern action, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It ain't a matter of what I want or don't want to believe, it's what I have seen for myself. I've not seen as many triggers as the military has but I've played around with a few over the years.

Did the problem triggers continue to discharge by themselves after being correctly readjusted? Regardless of how sear engagement and back lash was set? I have Remington triggers I adjusted to my own satisfaction that I cannot get to discharge when releasing the safety, even after pulling the trigger first. They will not discharge when slamming the butt hard on the ground or when working the bolt hard, even after decades of use
    Most of these triggers are non-adjustable. It was only with the X-Mark Pro that Remington moved into an adjustable trigger. In fact, the X-Mark Pro trigger was originally introduced in their target and varmint rifles before replacing the X-Mark trigger in the standard sporting-weight hunting rifles.

And I, too, have seen a Remington go click - the rifle was unloaded - when the bolt was closed, without any pressure applied to the trigger. I couldn't tell you which trigger was in the gun, though, and whether or not it had been tinkered with. I have had friends experience the same with stock 700s - including when the weapon was loaded.

The worrisome thing to me is that Remington and their diehard fans don't seem to learn: Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me....
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Talked to a guy who did 5 1/2 years at the Cabelas gun counter. He told me they got 3-6 a year back with the bolt handle separate from the bolt

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    They are back on the shelves at Sportsmans Warehouses in Colorado. Just saw several of them in multiple models and calibers yesterday. I bought a Savage.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy-Reticle View Post
    They are back on the shelves at Sportsmans Warehouses in Colorado. Just saw several of them in multiple models and calibers yesterday. I bought a Savage.
    Were they actually pulled from the shelves, or were they just out of inventory? In any event, the Walker trigger is the older one and no longer in production. The newer X Matk Pro trigger is the one that was recalled: http://xmprecall.remington.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Were they actually pulled from the shelves, or were they just out of inventory? In any event, the Walker trigger is the older one and no longer in production. The newer X Matk Pro trigger is the one that was recalled: http://xmprecall.remington.com/
    Thanks for the link & clearing up the confusion (of course in my mind). Based on the following article from 2010 I believed the X-Mark Pro wasn't being recalled.

n a statement to CNBC,Remington says the 700 “has been free of defects since it was first produced.” But in 2007, Remington introduced a new firing mechanism for the 700 that includes the feature Mike Walker had proposed nearly 60 years earlier. The new trigger system, marketed as the “X-Mark Pro,” also eliminates Walker’s trigger connector. A source close to Remington tells CNBC the connector was removed because it had become the focus of so many lawsuits.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39743024#.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast