Thread: Bosnian "Fluer De Lis" AK mag ?

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Bosnian "Fluer De Lis" AK mag ?

I have read different stories about these mags. Can anyone clear the air of the history behind this mag and what are they worth?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They started appearing INCONUS back in 2006. The Sportsman's Guide must have bought out every warehouse and store room in Bosnia because they were having mad sales on surplus steel E-bloc mags, were talking as low as $4 per mag. I did not receive any of the "boy scout" mags in any of my shipments but a lot of AK owners on the boards did. These bundle packages were a pot-luck of mags from various coutries of origin, you had no choice totally random. From the get go guys started putting these back as they had never been seen before.

Back in April Armslist had an auction on one, the asking price was $200.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 07-25-14 at 17:43.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Sportsman Guide eventually figured out they had some gems in their AK mag grab back, and started culling the rare ones and selling them separate.

Good times.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Sportsman Guide eventually figured out they had some gems in their AK mag grab back, and started culling the rare ones and selling them separate.

Good times.
    Worst part of that deal were the guys that ordered 100 mags at a time and just returned all non-rare mags for cash back/store credit. Only then to buy another 100 mags to repeat the process.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    I purchased a bunch of AK mags from Sportsman's Guide. Here are the four best I received.
    Chinese Stamped (received several of these)

Russian Bakelite

Russian Slabside

Bosnian Lilly

As far as the symbol on this magazine goes, it's the Lilium Bosniacum (Bosnian Lily in English). The French just called it the Fleur-de-lis, so that's what it's more commonly known as in the US.

Regarding the magazine values, I really have no idea. I'm not selling, so it really doesn't matter (although I wouldn't mind knowing what they're worth).
    Last edited by Bret; 07-14-14 at 22:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is also a "Bosnian Two-Rib"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFWIC2 View Post
    I have read different stories about these mags. Can anyone clear the air of the history behind this mag and what are they worth?
    Thanks
    Their history is mostly unknown, but there have been plenty of probably-correct assumptions about their history that can be found elsewhere on the 'net.

I've owned a couple. Their quality is slightly worse than the North Korean mags I've owned, but still usable. The flat spring has a lot less tension than a typical AK mag spring.

Current prices are ~$200 each when they show up, relegating them to looking-pretty-on-a-shelf duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    They started appearing INCONUS back in 2006.
    In bulk yes, but I believe there were a handful that found their way into the country prior to that. I recall seeing this one in Buddy Hinton's collection back in 2003:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/A...ur-de-LisD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    There is also a "Bosnian Two-Rib"
    I believe those are actually of Croatian origin.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m03 View Post
    In bulk yes, but I believe there were a handful that found their way into the country prior to that. I recall seeing this one in Buddy Hinton's collection back in 2003:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/A...ur-de-LisD.jpg
    Hah, leave it to Buddy Hinton to have one before anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if he has contacts in E Europe that gets him stuff.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As recently as a 2 years ago, FDLs were showing up in Aim's, Centerfire's, and I want to say Cope's and Atlantic's magazine grab bags. I remember a bunch of collectors being pissed about that. Just as a bunch of collectors were pissed about all those $30 Russian bakelites Aim was selling earlier this year.