Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire rechargeable batteries

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Surefire rechargeable batteries

Are they worth the cost savings?
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    It wouldn't be worth the expense to me but the few things I own with 123 batteries just sit in a safe. Rechargeable batteries pay off when you have multiple appliances constantly using them. I have about 40 AA rechargeables that have repaid my investment many times over but I probably have 30 of them in service in and around my home at any given time. If I used a WML or flashlight daily that took 123 batteries I would invest in rechargeables.

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing you're talking about the LFP123 batteries? I don't think they are worth it myself, but some people may like them...I'll explain why I don't. They last right at 1/2 the time of a regular Surefire CR123 which I get for $19 shipped for a dozen. Two of these and the charger are $27 or so, and even though I have about 15-18 CR123's in use around the house in different lights (or at work) it's not much trouble to just order a couple dozen CR123's every 6-9 months. That's just my 2 cents brother =). Hope it helps.

J

Feedback Score
    Downside of (most) rechargeable batteries is that the will slowly self discharge over time.
    I have some high quality consumer rechargeable AA and AAA batteries in my kitchen junk drawer and inside of 12 months they will self discharge down to almost unusable state.

To my knowledge no one makes the a low self discharge (such as the Sanyo Eneloop) in a 123 style battery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK thanks for the answers
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a bunch of the red rechargeable CR123 and 18650 batteries from oveready.com and I use them somewhat regularly, on drill weekends out in the field, camping trips, etc. I haven't noticed any self discharging, but then again I don't have the equipment or knowledge to know if that is happening or not. I'm slowly switching all my batteries over to rechargeables, got some AAs for remotes and the PVS-14, CR123s for the flashlights and DBAL, and AAA for the ear-pro.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They are definitely worth the money. I've saved hundreds over the years using them, and if you get high quality cells you don't ever have to worry about self discharge. I love and almost only ever use rechargeable cells. Check out AW brand cells, they are the best I've found. Lighthound.com has good deals on them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Downside of (most) rechargeable batteries is that the will slowly self discharge over time.
    I have some high quality consumer rechargeable AA and AAA batteries in my kitchen junk drawer and inside of 12 months they will self discharge down to almost unusable state.

To my knowledge no one makes the a low self discharge (such as the Sanyo Eneloop) in a 123 style battery.
    I believe lithium rechargeable batteries are low self-discharge.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    These are something I need to buy. 123s are crazy expensive.

Feedback Score
    I love my Eneloop AA & AAA's but have never found any rechargable 123's worth anything.
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies. - C4IGrant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast