Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Float Hand Rail for Stock Front Sight?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    Thanks!!! This never came up in my search last night...maybe because I did specify "cut out rail"
    Yep it's a hard decision lots of choices
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    Reading the descriptions for install on all these rails is confusing. From the description of the Midwest rail they make it seem like nothing needs to be removed....front sight or barrel nut...and replaced with any thing else....no?
    Removal of Delta ring, which is modifying the rifle, it has to be destroyed unless you disassemble everything.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/...ategory_ID=422

Second line down
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For the OP's particular use, I would recommend the following: http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-d.htm

The Daniel Defense pieces are very nice, but substantially more-expensive, heavier, and a very dated profile. (The lighter, slimmer tube profile of the VTAC is superior IMHO)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You'd be making a mistake not to go with a Centurian or DD IMHO.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    I would go with the Troy Delta rail. It is similar to the Troy Charlie except it is a tubular rail instead of a quad rail and it is lighter. I purchased mine from Primary arms for $200 and IMO it is a great value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I put the centurion on my 6720

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Dd omega rail is drop in and free float. Solid lockup. Can probably find a cheap one on an EE since they're not in vogue anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I did list the DD Omega Rail because I'd have to remove my stock front sight since this model rail doesn't seem to offer the cut out I need to keep the front sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Dd omega rail is drop in and free float. Solid lockup. Can probably find a cheap one on an EE since they're not in vogue anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you. Here is a cool build i came across a few weeks ago.

A bit of a different direction for, but this build has me thinking of a new direction:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...g-up-some-NSRs

The keymod fore end seem to be the way the market is swinging. I'd love one myself for my 6920, but I also want to maintain the FSB and I want the extended length past the FSB. This guy did some custom work and made it work.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had it shift once and it was completely my fault. I did not use loctite at first. I reset everything, added loctite and really tightened the screws and its been good ever since. Ive had it for close to a year now. And as far as it feeling heavy Its definately still do-able. Theres just lighter options. Mine is a work gun so I cant make "permanent" mods to it or else Id go with one of the free-float fsb cut out rails.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast