Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September looms...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

September looms...

I just got my new-to-me PSE DNA tuned up and ready to go. Got all my gear, just need to buy my tags (and do some scouting trips).

September is looming, anyone else gearing up for some early season archery?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This guy is!! Just picked up a few more bolts (yes i hunt with a crossbow) and a pack of Rage Hypodermics.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Bob View Post
    This guy is!! Just picked up a few more bolts (yes i hunt with a crossbow) and a pack of Rage Hypodermics.
    Nice, what kind of crossbow? Don't worry, I'm not a bow snob, matter of fact the only real reason I picked up a bow is for the better weather during bow season....and less people.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Barnett Recruit. Very light and compact, 16 inches axle to axle uncocked and about 12 cocked. 305 fps and quiet. I typically hunt from a summit viper SD and occasionally an old man and it is so much easier to hunt with than the Buck Commander even though it gives up some speed.
    My last compound was a pre bowtech Diamond Machete.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm rutting around the house but haven't started getting my gear ready yet. Will be headed to the woods with both an Elite Pulse and Excalibur Phoenix, depending on my mood and hunting situation.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Excalibur makes a nice bow.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Retuned my Obsession LF2 and started shooting every night last week...can't believe in less than ten weeks ill be hunting deer again! I cant wait.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think its about 46 days til the start of the Elk season. Im going to try and do a few 3 and 4 day trips throughout September. This will be my first real effort at elk hunting (last year was spent doing more dicking around and drinking than hunting). I'm looking to backpack in and *try* to get away from the crowds.

Around mid august I'll be making a scouting trip to checkout a few spots I have in mind.

Im super pumped, this year I'm all in! (until bird season starts lol)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm ready for opening day. I hunt with a Raptor Archery Yew Longbow with cedar arrows tipped with 160gr. Magnus broadheads. I also have a flatbow and a old Howard Hill bow. If I could find a way to quit my job but still have a source of income I'd be in the woods every day.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    This year CO Archery season weekend #2. Was headed up today for the weekend but had to turn back around for work.. If it wasn't for dang work, I would have my bull already... I know bad excuse.. I shoot a Hoyt Carbon Matrix, and I use NAP HellRazor broadheads. Picture my father took while I was walking up into a clearing.

Attachment 28456

The bull I'm after. 6x6. Prob a little bigger then 300. Picture isn't that great. From an adjacent ridge, through the spotting scope, and then a screenshot of the picture.

Attachment 28457
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 09-13-14 at 19:55. Reason: Added pictures

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast