Thread: Review: VolundGearWorks - The Atlas G-Hook Belt 1.75in

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Review: VolundGearWorks - The Atlas G-Hook Belt 1.75in

Description:
    Per VolundGearWorks website, this 1.75 width belt is "two layers of type 13 webbing with a thin stripe of HDPE in between that help stiffen the belt slightly while maintaining flexibility." I purchased this Atlas G-hook belt direct from VolundGearWorks roughly one and a half years ago for $50 + shipping and have worn it nearly every single day since.
    Read the full review - http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2014/07/vo...elt-175in.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've been wearing this belt from the last several months. It is well made, very stiff. It works well as a gun belt, but I find it bulky, and rather inconvenient to use. Not a fan. Ordered another instructor belt, which works better for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks man! Helped me decide to pull the trigger on the G-Hook.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I've been wearing this belt from the last several months. It is well made, very stiff. It works well as a gun belt, but I find it bulky, and rather inconvenient to use. Not a fan. Ordered another instructor belt, which works better for me.
    It is not really designed as a regular belt. Especially the 1.75in. I would suggest looking at something more conventional for a standard belt.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Thanks man! Helped me decide to pull the trigger on the G-Hook.
    What did you decide the 1.5 or 1.75 and in what color? If I was going to order another belt it would probably be a 1.5in in highlander.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    If I was going to order another belt it would probably be a 1.5in in highlander.
    I have the 1.5" in black on black and Highlander on Highlander. Pretty much the only belts I wear except for funerals, honky tonks, and business meetings(Sometimes in business meetings, because of my business)
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It is not really designed as a regular belt. Especially the 1.75in. I would suggest looking at something more conventional for a standard belt.
    Yes. Although you propose it as a great solution for IWB, daily wear in plain clothes. My experience was different. I need the belt to keep my pants up, and to support an OWB holster. It supports the holster fine, keeps my pants up fine. I like the stiffness, but the belt was cumbersome and inconvenient to use. In my experience. A good ol' Uncle Mikes $25 Instructor Belt works better for my simple needs.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Yes. Although you propose it as a great solution for IWB, daily wear in plain clothes. My experience was different. I need the belt to keep my pants up, and to support an OWB holster. It supports the holster fine, keeps my pants up fine. I like the stiffness, but the belt was cumbersome and inconvenient to use. In my experience. A good ol' Uncle Mikes $25 Instructor Belt works better for my simple needs.
    I ran it for OWB in a class for three days, I had no issues.

This is the reason why there are so many variants!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I ran it for OWB in a class for three days, I had no issues.

This is the reason why there are so many variants!
    Yes. As a holster support device, it's a great belt. No question.

I was wearing a pair of old pants the other day...they had a button fly. Worked great for keeping the fly closed. I'm going to go back to zippers, though, for the convenience and usability factor. Other people really like a button fly.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I had Volund make me an inner/outer belt system and I love it. The inner is loop Velcro, 1.5" g-hook and I wear it every day. Holds my IWB holster very securely too, just move the g-hook to the next larger loop and all is well.

When I go to shoot a match I don't have to change belts, just throw an outer over the top and I'm ready to rock.

Feedback Score
    Good review of the G-hook. I run the 1.5" in foliage with my p30 in a Raven OWB holster all day long and love it. The Raven rides pretty high which gives the fully loaded HK kind of a top heavy feel with it torquing away from your body, but the G-hook is stiff enough so it doesn't twist. The 1.75 sounds ideal for duty use but I would agree it is a little overkill for a ccw situation.