Thread: Unity Tactical Direct Mount Vertical Fore Grip

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Unity Tactical Direct Mount Vertical Fore Grip

Unity Tactical was kind enough to send me a pre-production sample of their direct mount VFG. I know quite a few of you have been curious about this one.

A few key features to start this review off with:

*Hardware included to mount to tubular AND Keymod handguards
    *Less than 1.5 oz
    *Extremely low profile integration with handguard

As a side note Unity Tactical is also looking at the viability of making this model compatible with M-Lok. Nice touch being able to basically have one fore grip that mounts on anything in your inventory.

First off its light. Extremely light. The information sheet that came with mine shows the weight @ 1.5 oz. While talking to goteron on here he stated 1.25 oz and thats closer to what my scale revealed. Grip weighed with keymod mounting hardware:

033 by jax11b, on Flickr

As stated before this VFG is able to be mounted onto practically any tubular style rail. Be it Keymod or any other style tubular handguard. Plus a few you may not think of. I have tried it on a modified Centurion rail, A Samson EVO, Troy Alpha rail, an NSR, and the standard A2 handguards. Thought I had a MOE handguard to try it on but forgot I had sold it. Lock on all handguards tried was extremely solid and easy to install.

Here are a few pictures of said handguards and a close up of their interface with the Unity Tactical VFG:

Noveske NSR 13.5"

049 by jax11b, on Flickr

055 by jax11b, on Flickr

056 by jax11b, on Flickr

Troy Alpha 13"

038 by jax11b, on Flickr

039 by jax11b, on Flickr

Samson Evo 12.37"

041 by jax11b, on Flickr

043 by jax11b, on Flickr

048 by jax11b, on Flickr

My modified 10" Centurion rail that has the recoil lugs shaved off URX 3.1 style. The holes every fifth recoil lug allow me to mount the VFG without any drilling done to the rail. Notice there are no rails where the VFG is mounted. Lock up is still extremely tight:

008 by jax11b, on Flickr

Just messing around but this actually feels very good in the hands. As with all other handguards the area of your hand that makes contact between the handguard and VFG is very comfortable, smooth and with a good transition:

062 by jax11b, on Flickr

064 by jax11b, on Flickr

more to come.......
    Last edited by jaxman7; 07-13-14 at 20:09.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC