View Poll Results: Which pistol is better?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • HK USP .40

48 67.61%
  • S&W M&P .40

23 32.39%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP .40 VS S&W M&P .40

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

HK USP .40 VS S&W M&P .40

I'd like to purchase a new .40 caliber handgun.

I have narrowed down my choices to the HK USP .40 and the S&W M&P .40.

Some things to consider:
    -Please don't suggest another caliber( I already own 9mm and .45)
    -Please don't suggest another brand(I already own a Glock .40)
    -I don't care about the USP's proprietary rail
    -I am not a new shooter

All input appreciated.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Almost an apples to oranges comparison with a striker fired and hammer fired. But if it were me I would go with the Hk. And I have the mp in 40 but I also have 3 other Hk's with a 4th in layaway which is the USP 45. I've never had any problems with the m&p as far as accuracy and the trigger has smoothed out over time. With that said I would still go with the Hk even though you can probably buy 2 M&P's for the price of the Hk.

Josh

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Both .40 in caliber, both polymer framed, both 4.25" barrels. Didn't think it was that much "apples to oranges" given those characteristics.

Feedback Score
    You are correct sir

Feedback Score
    I'd vote m&p. The HK may be "better" but m&ps have decent accuracy in 40, have much better support for less $, and I hate the way the HK shoots. Imo the m&ps is one of the best 40 guns out there. The mp is also smaller and easier to conceal. I'm also partial to striker guns.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    The HK is going to be the better built pistol. The M&P will most likely be reliable and accurate enough but when it comes to quality, it's not in the same league as anything built by HK.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Some of the finest shooting handguns I have owned were in .40 and they all were USP's and USPc's. H&K designed the USP around the .40S&W much like Glock designed the 17 around 9mm. I'm not a real big .40 advocate, but every H&K owner owes it to themselves to purchase a .40 USP or USPc.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    Do yourself a big favor and checkout the USPc .40. I have one and it is a very smooth and accurate .40.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    USP 40 hands down. The gun is built like a brick, well you know, and will always be reliable as hell. Not saying the M&P isn't though. The USP will also hold better resale value for when you decide to move away from the .40 fad
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    Some of the finest shooting handguns I have owned were in .40 and they all were USP's and USPc's. H&K designed the USP around the .40S&W much like Glock designed the 17 around 9mm. I'm not a real big .40 advocate, but every H&K owner owes it to themselves to purchase a .40 USP or USPc.
    That is one thing Smith did as well, learning from the mistakes that Glock made with the 40.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast