Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Some ramblings on my H&K VP9

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny.men View Post
    oh christ. vickers posts about it and everyone rides his coat tails?
    Please explain. Which part of the post was riding on coat tails?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutup&shoot View Post
    Please explain. Which part of the post was riding on coat tails?
    Apparently gun reviews on brand new guns can only be done prior to the LAV's review.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks for the write up Greg! I am really looking forward to trying one out for myself.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Great write up Greg, thanks. I'm going to have to start tracking one of these down soon. The only question is which handgun will be sacrificed after I get it? We'll see, I suppose. This fellow GA boy is curious, what range were you shooting at?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Marion Road gun range in Macon. It is a members only range but he yearly fee is super reasonable.

I am shipping the slide off to tool tech tomorrow for green front sight (with white ring) and plain yellow rears.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This gun may just bring me into the world of polymer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice writeup!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Based on my experience, thinner/lighter HK trigger return spring is more durable than thicker/heavier one. I hope your prediction in that regard is accurate.

Feedback Score
    nice job, in his video MAC said it needed a break though period did you find that to be the case?
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I didn't find a break in period necessary in any of the 5 different VP9s I have experience with.

Mac said he shot Wolf Steel cased ammo, which as well as being underpowered, erratic quality, and dirty is not recommended by the HK VP9 manual.

In personally firing over 1400 rounds through 5 different VP9s, I only encountered one malfunction: a failure to feed. This occurred when I was shooting weak hand only with Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ. This was within the first 200 rounds through tone particular gun. I later fired over 100 rounds of the same ammo through the same VP9 shooting weak-hand only without a single recurrence of this malfunction. This was the only malfunction I observed over the course of the ammo I fired and an additional 1000 rounds fired by other people. This includes at least 300 rounds of Winchester white box and a similar amount of Blazer Brass, as well as Federal, Remington, and Privi Brass 115 grain FMJ; Winchester Ranger JHPs, Federal HST, Black Hills FMJ & Tac-XP.

We did not fire any Wolf or steel cased ammo through any of the guns.
    Last edited by Ed L.; 07-14-14 at 00:29.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast