Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Some ramblings on my H&K VP9

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Greg,
    Please bring this gun to the Ernest Langdon class in September. We'll shoot it head to head with my PPQ.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Looks like za Fatherland has come through again. Very nice

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review. I went to a local gun show and two LGSs yesterday and no one had these yet. So…. I shall wait.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    "Based on my experience, thinner/lighter HK trigger return spring is more durable than thicker/heavier one. I hope your prediction in that regard is accurate."

Yeah, this is a completely different setup than the old springs. Instead of a single piece of looped wire this is a much longer heavily braided spring. It is reminiscent to the braiding they do at the mounting point of a guitar string to add strength. Again, just speculation on my part, but it looks like the engineers decided they weren't going to hear about this issue anymore.

As far as break-in, I haven't noticed anything. But I ALWAYS, no matter what gun, shoot full-power ball through my guns at first. I have owned way too many guns (I am serious, too many) to shoot limp Fiocchi or wolf/tula/monarch through a gun in the first 500 or so rounds.

That being said, my mini "torture test" is to shoot a mags through the gun weak handed while rotating the gun from side to side (as close as possible to covering all 360). My gun was able to do this with the blazer aluminum and the weirdly shaped Hornaday critical defense.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review. Your review makes me want to buy one and sell my two M&Ps' too. Are you going to be doing a "Break My VP9" endurance tests? LOL

Feedback Score
    I want this now. Not that I need to spend the money, but...I mean...that's pure sex appeal....
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    You guys are killing me. Mine is supposed to ship to my dealer on Friday.

I planned on putting full power 124 gr and 147 gr ammunition through it for the first 200-300 rounds.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my VP9...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Great write up, Greg.

Thank you kindly.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    I am very happy with mine as well. I haven't posted in quite some time, but this gun truly is going to turn heads. I purchased the NS 3 mag model for myself and the standard model for my wife and her scores have been greatly improved over her G19.

Feedback Score
    I was on the fence about this, because I want another striker fired handgun. I need it.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast