Same here, 5-6 weeks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the head's up guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    History lesson.

2012 model dropped the carry handle and added the Magpul MBUS. The factory USGI stock was replaced with the Rogers. This stock turned out to be a POS

[QUOTE=justin_247;1950356]May I ask what the particular problem was with the Rogers stock? I ask because you originally said this about the stock:

The new Rogers Stock's are now coming on the 6920 and 6940's!

This stock is a vast improvement over the standard USGI. Features a locking system, QD swivel connections and a rubber buttpad

Reply by C41 Grant -

They didn't hold up. On paper, they offered better options, but unfortunately they were not reliable.

When we first wrote our comments on them, they had just been fielded by Colt and there was little to no knowledge available on their reliability.

I've noticed a lot of folks on forums and magazine articles speak/write in absolute terms about new products. I kind of think when you are stating an absolute about something it ought to be based on experience.

Otherwise: 'This stock appears to be a vast improvement over the standard USGI' is more correct.

Of course a lot of folks don't read with attention to meaning, so this may be a moot point.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-01-14 at 22:42.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I've noticed a lot of folks on forums and magazine articles speak/write in absolute terms about new products. I kind of think when you are stating an absolute about something it ought to be based on experience.
    People on this forum have things to sell, and they need to sell what's in stock. People on this forum are also a very fickle lot. They must have the newest of everything, but only certain things, because other things are not fashionable.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    [QUOTE=26 Inf;1982294]Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    History lesson.

2012 model dropped the carry handle and added the Magpul MBUS. The factory USGI stock was replaced with the Rogers. This stock turned out to be a POS

Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    May I ask what the particular problem was with the Rogers stock? I ask because you originally said this about the stock:

The new Rogers Stock's are now coming on the 6920 and 6940's!

This stock is a vast improvement over the standard USGI. Features a locking system, QD swivel connections and a rubber buttpad

Reply by C41 Grant -

They didn't hold up. On paper, they offered better options, but unfortunately they were not reliable.

When we first wrote our comments on them, they had just been fielded by Colt and there was little to no knowledge available on their reliability.

Otherwise: 'This stock appears to be a vast improvement over the standard USGI' is more correct.

Of course a lot of folks don't read with attention to meaning, so this may be a moot point.

Sometimes, we kind of expect manufacturers (whether they are the manufacturer or the middle man like Colt) to do testing on their products (or the products they sell on their guns). This wasn't the case with the Rogers stocks.

On paper, the Rogers stocks offered a lot of upgrades to the standard USGI stock and even to this day, I get people contacting me for a "colt marked" rogers stock (and are willing to pay a premium). So some folks love these stocks and to each their own I guess.

The great thing about the errornet is that everything you say is FOREVER. Sometimes my opinion on a subject is wrong, but at least I am man enough to admit it and tell the truth. Good luck finding that from others.....

C4

Feedback Score
    even to this day, I get people contacting me for a "colt marked" rogers stock (and are willing to pay a premium).
    What? My 6933 came with a Rogers stock and it's not marked "Colt". So they marked some and not others. Weird. Now that I think about it, the buttstock on the 6920 that I just purchased isn't marked "Colt" either. That seems real odd to me considering most other manufacturers order the identical buttstock with their names inside the logo circle.
    Last edited by Bret; 09-02-14 at 11:09.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would imagine most here change out the stock right after purchase, I know I do. I'd like a new 6920 to sit beside my 6940 but not a option right now $$$ wise. So no cool jacket for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234