Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: muzzle brakes like the pig

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't want this to seem dickish for the sake of just being a dick.
    I don't understand this sentence coming from markm.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I like the Troy Claymore. Cheaper and lighter than the KX3.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Get what you like. It's your $ and your gear.
    If you like the pig.. get it. I'd highly recommend the KX5 over the KX3.

Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Talk about an optical oxymoron.... A KMR and Pig in the same picture!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Talk about an optical oxymoron.... A KMR and Pig in the same picture!
    Together they balance out really well. It's the KX5 so only 4oz. About half of the kx3.
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    Together they balance out really well. It's the KX5 so only 4oz. About half of the kx3.
    That's what I was thinking! I get the lightest rail and attach a brick on the end of it and they balance out

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have thought about getting them in the past for a 7.5" build to help mitigate some of the issues with those setups, but once I looked at the specs I realized that adding one would negate any weight and size savings over my current 10.5" upper. While I agree the idea of them seems cool to me, at the end I always felt I would be better served with an extra 3 " of barrel.

But if it is what you want, go for it. This is murica anyhow.

Feedback Score
    The Kies linear comp does a nice job of redirecting the blast/report from the shooter and folks to either side if that matters. That KAK flash can does too. I have one on my 7.5" AR as a place holder when the Grunt is off...
    -Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! -Benjamin Franklin

-If guns kill people, spoons made Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnel fat!

Feedback Score
    I have a Claymore. Not that heavy and does what it's supposed to do. Blows sound and blast down range.

That being said it still makes a huge fireball and you still get more muzzle blast than you would from a longer barrel. But it's tolerable enough that it's still fun. Without it it's just too much blast.

I would never get another barrel this short for a rifle round again. About ten inches for a lower pressure (Like .300 blk, 7.62x39) is okay but for .223/5.56 I wouldn't go any less than 11.5 inches and even then prefer 14.5-16.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I have a Claymore. Not that heavy and does what it's supposed to do. Blows sound and blast down range.

That being said it still makes a huge fireball and you still get more muzzle blast than you would from a longer barrel. But it's tolerable enough that it's still fun. Without it it's just too much blast.

I would never get another barrel this short for a rifle round again. About ten inches for a lower pressure (Like .300 blk, 7.62x39) is okay but for .223/5.56 I wouldn't go any less than 11.5 inches and even then prefer 14.5-16.
    That was my experience as well. Once you go lower than 14.5" you are operating with no advantage over PCCs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast