Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92a1 review, upgrades, thoughts from an amateur

Feedback Score
    You guys with the WC grips,
    So these are somewhat thinner than the standard Beretta grip? I have large enough hands and I have been shooting my 92's for years. I had an 92F, then an FS and a few years ago I found a G model. I find the standard 92 grip a little round feeling in my hands but it still works. But after getting a Colt Government I find I really like the feeling of the flatter profile. Would any of you say the WC grips are closer to that feeling than the standard Beretta profile?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The WC/VZ grips are at the widest point, as wide as the factory grips. They do however taper towards the edges so the overall circumference is less than the hogue or factory grips.

Having said that, i went with the Hogue G10's for a few reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpTM...jDLUGmNvWg5mqQ
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really good overview. Your YT videos are really no-bullshit and straight to the point.

The Hogue G10 grips weren't even on my radar until now.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Interesting video, thanks for sharing it. I have never felt either on a Beretta, but if I don't like the VZ golf ball grips when I get my pistol back I might switch them out to those ones.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    Really good overview. Your YT videos are really no-bullshit and straight to the point.

The Hogue G10 grips weren't even on my radar until now.
    Im not a shill never will be a shill and will always speak my mind. That doesnt make me RIGHT it just makes me a guy that is sharing his experiences for no monetary gain or industry motivated purpose.

I primarily make the videos for myself as i am interested in chronicling my own journey with different guns as i continue shooting. Certain things work, certain things dont and i always like to analyze what does and doesnt. Being able to document it easily is a major boon...man, i love technology.

J, the VZ's are a great product albeit less than optimal for me. I doubt you will dislike them as they are more comfortable than the factory grips, however, if you notice any kind of torquing of the pistol while shooting or discomfort while shooting, the G10's from hogue will be waiting for you.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Update for anyone interested:

Serpico1985;323387]Bumping my old thread for an update for anyone interested. The beretta continues to be a excellent platform and seems to work for me very well. I haven't kept a precise round count but am close to hitting 2k rounds. Work has kept me from the range of late.

Mods
    - I tried the Wilson Combat ultra thin grips and ended up putting the vertec's back on, just prefer the vertec's.
    - I added a little bit of stippling to the left side to help lock down my grip, seems to work well.

Me and my shooting partner are preparing for the upcoming Pat Mac/Mike Panone two day class and made it to the range recently. Amongst the high points of my recent shooting exploits were shooting a 282 on the Hackathorn standards from concealment besting my previous high score of 260 with the G17. Also shot two consecutive FAST tests and busted the 5 second barrier for the first time ever with a 4.97 run. Other run was a 5.48:

I really want a G conversion but don't want to be without the gun for an extended period of time. Anyway rock on beretta and keep turning out great guns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had the opportunity to handle a VERTEC, M9A1, and an M9A1 w VERTEC grips side by side today. The original style frame with the VERTEC grips was the best in hand. It is most likely the way I would set up my gun if given the choice. I would recommend the configuration to anyone interested in playing with grips on the 92.

It would be really nice if beretta started releasing all guns with the user convertable slide found on the m9a3. But that is probably a pipe dream. The 92 seems to have so much potential that beretta seems hellbent on not realizing fully.

Feedback Score
    M9, M9A1, 92A1, 90Two, M9A3, VERTEC...how much more mileage can Beretta wring out of the 92 platform?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    If they would make all models include a dovetailed front sight and G convertible like the M9A3 they could see a lot more mileage and justifiably so. Would love a compact 92/m9 with a G slide and a dovetailed front sight.

The beretta 92 line is straight up a very shootable gun that can go from pretty darn good to excellent trigger wise with a spring change and the addition of a steel trigger. They also offer excellent out of the box accuracy and reliability.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    M9, M9A1, 92A1, 90Two, M9A3, VERTEC...how much more mileage can Beretta wring out of the 92 platform?
    Still way behind SIG and all they're milking the P22X for.
    "Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast